Well theres this girl I like.......

Tiger Eye

What to do......

I'm 29 and shes 25. She had a boyfriend when I first met her a few months ago but we still exchanged numbers and talked on the phone most nights (nothing more). One night she called me crying. Her boyfriend had just broken up with her. I cheered her up and we kept talking over the next few weeks as usual but I also met up with her a few times. On one of the times we met up. I told her how much I liked her but that I didn't want to do anything because she was with that guy and she told me she liked me back. Now, We still talk a lot but its got to the point where she keeps saying, "your my friend' and thats not what I want. Should I meet up with her and tell her how I really really feel. Or is it too soon to say anything because of the recent break up.

I hate that situation, and I've certainly been there many times. You don't want to be rebound guy, and you don't want to be the "friend" she turns to when she's having problems... you want to be her bf dang it!!!

What makes it worse is that you do want to be her friend too, and you're a nice guy and want to comfort her and be there for her. So by blowing her off you are not being true to yourself, or the friendship. Yet by being there for her, you only extend the feelings of friendship and not romantic love.

From what I read, the fact that she told you she liked you is a very good sign. I think this is one of those situations where actions are going to speak louder than words. If you try and talk to her about it logically, she'll most likely want to keep you only as a friend. If however, you go for it and just kiss her, then she will be forced to make a decision. I know it's kind of forward, but it's a sure way to find out where you stand, and put you on one side of the fence or the other.

-Kevin

I was just in that situation and I took the, "not pursue a relationship for a little bit until she gets over her boyfriend" route. Well, in that period of time she got back together with her boyfriend... Just food for thought.

Archived