Not sure how to deal with this.

TheDude2763

Ok, I had gotten some advice here before and it helped A LOT! I'm having the same problem, with the same girl, all over again. Here's the scenario.

I took your advice and did something with her that didn't involve alcohol at all. We went to the fair with two other couples. We walked around, played some games, then listened to a band that was playing. It was fun. Now, I had surmised that she had a VERY flirtatious nature about her. That's what she does. That's what got me last time. I told myself I wasn't going to fall for it again.

Guess what? I did. It started right when we got there. We hadn't seen each other in a while so we said hi. She said I looked great and she like the way I was dressed. (I had a shirt and jeans on...no big deal.) Several of her other friends were there, but she seemed to focus a lot of attention on me. When I got up to go to get a drink, she asked where I was going. As we were walking around, she would flick water and stuff at me and throw junk at me. In fact, one time, a friend and I went to the bathroom and she followed me. As we were walking, she ran up behind me, jumped on me, and basically piggy backed all the way to the restroom. We took a group picture and she was pretty darn insistent that I stand next to her.

A little later, as we were watching some lady hypnotize people, I pointed out that the hypnotist was attractive. She replied "Danny, no, no, no, you shouldn't be looking at her when I'm right here." As we were walking away, she called me "Boo" etc etc etc. She kept calling me "My Danny." (As in "Her" Danny.) "I love my Danny!" "I missed my Danny!" etc etc etc. I ended up buying here some little bracelet thingy, as a friendly gesture. I wanted a Spider-Man doll and she tried to buy it for me, but she didn't have cash.

As we were leaving, we started talking about Spider-Man and I mentioned to her friends, that didn't know me to well, that I was somewhat of a geek. She cut me off and said "I love your geeky-ness Danny! You can be my geek!"

Now, I realize all this flirting should be a good thing, but it's really starting to get on my nerves. I had tried responding by flirting back, texting, and seeing if she wanted to hang out, but I get nothing in response. I mean, it's pretty obvious to me that she has feelings for me, in some way or another, but I can't deal with this anymore. I've liked this girl for a LONG time...since High School. I mean, I've moved on and had other girlfriends, but she like...that one girl you can't get out of your head. I've been thinking about asking her out to lunch or something, and flat out telling her that if we're going to be hanging out, she can't flirt unless she actually wants something in return.

Anyone got anymore suggestions? Your input is GREATLY appreciated. (I really like this girl, but I can't stand this anymore. I don't like getting jerked around and I don't like being led on. )

Ugh man, that sucks. It sounds like you have a fairly good plan, you should probably ask her up front if she wants "something more" out of this or why is she flirting so much. You don't really owe her another chance, but I understand how you feel and that you will probably do it regardless of what anyone says. No more games, no more beating around the bush, just ask her point blank -completely clearly- what is going on between you two.

I think you have to do that in order to get past her and move on with your life.

OP, just sit her down and explain to her that you are receiving mixed signals and that you're not sure where she stands... if she is interested that is to say. Provide the examples you did above. If she backs down and says she's only flirting then tell her that you're being hurt by her behavior. Ask her why she would be flirting to heavily when she had no intention of doing anything about it.

-Kevin

How to Forgive Yourself for Wasting...
How to Forgive Yourself for Wasting Time

Archived