Facebook/MySpace - Get Rid & Heal

I've been reading post upon post from people on here who are having extreme difficulties moving on due to their attachments to their exes via Facebook or MySpace. They are continuously checking up on the people who dumped them and are continuing to be hurt time and again.

Guys for goodness sake, wake up!

I know this because for 4 months after I split with my ex I was doing the same thing. But one day I decided enough was enough and I deleted her and her closest friends (some of whom I still like) from my Facebook page. Now I can't see her or what she is up to, and although I still wonder, I know that one day I wont log on and suddenly find her in a new relationship or see pictures of her with new guys and having fun without me. Since then I have healed so much more than I did in the 4 months previous.

So for those of you who are still clinging on to exes via these networking sites, do yourselves a favour and get rid of as much of your ex and her life as possible from your page. You are only delaying your healing and causing yourself more unnessessary pain.

I deactivated when I got screwed over the first time in January.

Got hurt again, and I am so glad I stayed deactivated.

I would not be able to deal with seeing the girl who just hurt me's FB page at all.

Shes a party girl god knows whats going on in her world.

Ya this should be a given. Useless.

I am the dumpee and would not even want the dumper to see whats going on with me.

Answer= NO FB at all. The people who matter most your in contact with daily is how I see it.

What I dont like about Facebook is that you can deactivate your acct but not delete. So as soon as you enter your password its been reactivated. That doesnt help me.

Also, you can delete your accts but still view others when you dont have one...correct?

I've been thinking about making a thread like this myself! Remember the good old days of break-up followed by never seeing said person again? Now it's all in your face and status line nonsense and everything else. It's exhausting and it also makes it impossible to heal. Seriously...delete!

I blocked her on Facebook a week and a half ago. Got tired of seeing things on our friends pages. Im sure she noticed because I am on Facebook alot. Anyway, last weekend I got a mysterious friend request from a profile that was brand new. no other firends, just a single 28yo girl with a sexy pic. I blocked that too. I know who it was. She has been NC since March, but I finally quit trying to contact her and she hasnt heard a peep from me in a month. Im sure when she realized I blocked her she got curious. Oh well. You want NC, you got NC.

@Qut, I agree that's the problem. And when you de-activate FB you can't get past the facebook intro page. So it's either all or none. I like seeing what other friends are doing that I lost touch with, so don't want to get rid of it all together.

Another tip: delete them before they delete you. If they delete you first you can't even block them (not that I know of/though I tried), so if you want to there is really no way not to see a public profile. I wish she would just make her profile friends only!

@Out, I agree that's the problem. And when you de-activate FB you can't get past the facebook intro page. So it's either all or none. I like seeing what other friends are doing that I lost touch with, so don't want to get rid of it all together.

Another tip: delete them before they delete you. If they delete you first you can't even block them (not that I know of/though I tried), so if you want to there is really no way not to see a public profile. I wish she would just make her profile friends only!

this is correct if you mean block, not delete. Because once you block them, they cant see you to block you back. You are gone to them. So if someone blocks you, and you search to find them to block. Facebook will return no search results. But once they block you it effectively blocks them from you anyway, unless they decide to unblock you....

Every day for a few seconds in my mind, the curiosity burns at my heart to find out what the other persons up to. Not because I'm still in love with her, not because I miss her. Just a sick twisted enthusiasm that I might look and find her miserably fat and desperately in regret at the stupid mistake she's made.

This lasts for 15 seconds.

I immediately browse to ENA (natural knee-jerk reaction) and start to read anything and everything... and forget about the pain for a moment. 15 minutes later I barely remember the itch.

Every day for a few seconds in my mind, the curiosity burns at my heart to find out what the other persons up to. Not because I'm still in love with her, not because I miss her. Just a sick twisted enthusiasm that I might look and find her miserably fat and desperately in regret at the stupid mistake she's made.

This lasts for 15 seconds.

I immediately browse to ENA (natural knee-jerk reaction) and start to read anything and everything... and forget about the pain for a moment. 15 minutes later I barely remember the itch.

I like it

I deleted my ex off Facebook last week and although it was a really hard thing to do it was for the best. Logging on and seeing flirty messages from other women would have been too much to bear.

I didn't want to delete my account entirely off there as I have my own friends on there but I can honestly say it is helping me with my healing and makes it easier to have no contact.

Hate Facebook, it is one of the most insidious things i've seen.

Once my ex and i broke up i kept my account to keep tabs so when i got curious i could always have a look but in the end it only hurt more so come a few months later i deleted my facebook and i feel heaps better like i'm really healing and moving on.

Archived