I guess time does heal some wounds

metrogirl

I was sitting here at work doing some paperwork when I realized that today is my fathers birthday. He would have been 80.

I'm a little suprised at myself that I haven't fallen apart. I was dreading this day a few weeks ago but to my relief I feel for the most part ok.

It's cliche but you can and will feel better with time.

I just wanted to share that with those that are suffering from a loss of any sort.

I think I'll buy a cake in honor of my dad today. Wow, I can actually talk about it and not break down. I've come a long way.

It really takes a long time to be able to not break down when speaking of someone important that you have lost.

I cried about my grandpa for the first time in four years last night. I miss him SO bad and I know my mom does to..which makes it harder.

Healing takes a long time..it's a hard journey..I don't know how i'll survive when I lose my mom or dad. I'm proud of you though, metro.

btw, your grandbabies are beautiful.

It really takes a long time to be able to not break down when speaking of someone important that you have lost.

I cried about my grandpa for the first time in four years last night. I miss him SO bad and I know my mom does to..which makes it harder.

Healing takes a long time..it's a hard journey..I don't know how i'll survive when I lose my mom or dad. I'm proud of you though, metro.

btw, your grandbabies are beautiful.

Thank you.....

It was really difficult in the beginning. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. I don't think I can specifically pinpoint how or why I didn't come completely unglued, I really had to keep reminding myself that he wouldn't want me to ever suffer.

I think the love and support that I had from the kids really helped and my grandbabies absolutely needed me to be strong.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. If it means anything, he's always going to be near you. Hugs...

Funny Fathers Day Quotes And Messag...
Funny Fathers Day Quotes And Messages From Daughter: 130+ Fathers Day Messages: KAVEESH MOMMY

Archived