i still kinda miss my ex. she and i live too far apart and i really didn't like how she treated herself sometimes.. but aside from those 2 things, we were really good for eachother. she helped keep me grounded and more responsible, and i helped her to stand up for herself and feel things she'd never felt before. she was so good to me, and vice versa. she was my first girlfriend, and i was her first real love.

i have talked to a few other people on and off since she and i broke up. got a few prospects but no one who's really wowing me yet. i don't think my lingering feelings for her are hindering my chances at finding someone else. i guess i just feel like maybe she and i didn't get closure somehow. i mean we talked about things and we both agreed it wasn't working.. but it just doesn't feel right and i'm not sure how to make it that way.

so.. is this normal? to still have feelings for someone so long after a breakup? and is there anything i can do to resolve this?

thanks to anyone who responds.

The loose ends arent always wrapped up, you just have to try and move on and accept that you don't always get the answers and ending your looking for.

Try and find things to take your mind off her and remember as great as it was you can find someone else just as great.

The loose ends arent always wrapped up, you just have to try and move on and accept that you don't always get the answers and ending your looking for.

Try and find things to take your mind off her and remember as great as it was you can find someone else just as great.

thanks. you're probably right. it's just weird i guess. i'm not used to having feelings for someone so long after a breakup and i miss her a lot sometimes.. but i'll try to find things to distract me.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived