Dealing with my sons' death

Happiest26

I'm not sure what to say here. Whittling through my thoughts. My son died 4 years ago. I found him dead on my basement floor. He was 22. I guess all I'm looking for is someone who's been through somewhat the same thing. This whole enotalone thing is new to me, and I've met a few great people here, but I guess I need to find some people who've been through similar things.

My daughter died last year, at 3 hours old. I really don't know what to write. Other than I miss her every day. I still sleep with the hat she wore while we held her. I have a lot of regrets, and hopes dreams wishes for her. That died with her. I have a lot of guilt wondering if I could have done anything different, or done something sooner to stop her dying.

I'm probably not much help at all. ^^ But there are a lot of support groups out there.

My daughter died last year, at 3 hours old. I really don't know what to write. Other than I miss her every day. I still sleep with the hat she wore while we held her. I have a lot of regrets, and hopes dreams wishes for her. That died with her. I have a lot of guilt wondering if I could have done anything different, or done something sooner to stop her dying.

I'm probably not much help at all. ^^ But there are a lot of support groups out there.

That is so sad, my heart sank as I read your message, and brought tears to my eyes. I have not personally lost a child but several friends of mine have. One lost his son twenty odd years ago - and I still hear sadness in his voice if it is ever mentioned. He has another son now, but I think the loss was great for him. Another couple lost their daughter after 18 months. They have other children now, but I remember visiting the father's office one day, I saw pictures of his other children, but there was no picture of the daughter they lost - I think the pain was to great. Certainly the saddest thing I have ever had to do, was help them bury their daughter. I would not wish that on anyone - it is so devastating.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandma lost her son (my uncle) in the early 1970's and I know she still talked of seeing him again and I knew she carried alot of pain with her. He was 20 at the time, and it was several years before I was born.

Archived