Dating advice, not a long thread, quick question

stylistchick
WTF is Dry Dating? | Guide to Dry D...
WTF is Dry Dating? | Guide to Dry Dating

So, I had been out of the dating scene for about three years. About two months ago I started online dating, I'd met a few cool guys but no real chemistry or attraction...until tonight.

I just got back from a 4 hour date. We had chemistry, we flirted, we talked about how this was the first date we'd been on in our online dating time that there was no awkwardness and everything just flowed.I'm a hairstylist, he's a tattoo artist and our industries are similar yada yada. The date ended with him saying that he wanted to see me again.

My question is this...do I wait for him to call/text or do I take initiative? I'm obviously NOT going to do it tonight. It's late and we just left the bar, but I'm so new to all this, I don't remember what i'd done in the past. I don't wanna play games, but at the same time I don't wanna seem desperate.

Girls...what do u do? And from a guys perspective do u want to do the connecting or do u like the girl to do it?

Thanks!

I would love it if a girl would take the initiative sometime! Never happened to me, though.

I'd say if you think you might be somewhat digging him and you don't hear from him within a few days then just give him a little nudge of some sort, call, text, whatever feels comfortable.

I definitely don't agree with the whole "3 day" thing, either. If I'm into a girl I will call the next day.

However, being a guy, in my experience women just don't take the initiative of making dates, it's not generally seen as customary. I think it's completely silly that it's not, but it certainly doesn't seem to be.

That's why I'm saying if I was a girl interested in a guy (which I obviously have no frame of reference to) I would wait a couple days to give the guy a chance to call.

But, as a guy, as I said before, I would totally dig it if a girl called me the next day, flattered, even.

So now if you're not confused enough, I would say let a day pass before you call to give him a chance to call first. I could be wrong though, jmho. Aw, what the hell, just go with your gut! Have fun!

Thanks guys I work today so it'll keep me busy. I'll give it a day or so and just text to say "hey". He was cool though and as i get older it seems to be harder and harder to find that connection. Thanx!

that's what I would do..just let him know you had an awesome time instead of saying "hey"..

Archived