why is he so persistent on being friends?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why my ex is so adamant about being friends. Even his friends would bug me sometimes about it. Yes, we have a lot of mutual friends seeing as we're classmates, but I've been avoiding him so much you'd think he and his friends would get a hint. And he's also currently in a relationship.

Any thoughts?

If he is currently in a relationship, he is not feeling the same emptiness when he is around you. He wants to be friends because he had a connection with you. He is persistent be he doesn't understand that you are still hurting and needing space.

My advice, stop dropping hints. We, as humans, have not mastered the art of reading each others minds, so the best way is to tell him straight up. "I can't be friends with you at the moment because I am still getting over the break up (or whatever) and I don't have a new partner to help with the healing. To be honest, your persistent behaviour is making it even harder to get over you. Please leave me alone for a while so I might get past this, then when I'm done, maybe we can be friends."

5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

Archived