Contact Lense Lost In My Eye!

Please help! I woke up this morning with my contact lense lost in my eye. I know it's in there somewhere, because it feels like a grain of sand is in my eye, but the lense itself is not where it should be. I'm constantly tearing. How do I get it out?

Relax, it CAN'T go down the back and into your brain!!! BUT it can get stuck too far round towards the back to get it out.

You need to see your optician because you could really damage your cornea by scratching it as you try to get it out.

I had one stuck in my eye, went to the eye doctor and everything. Eventually it just fell out on it's own. The eye doctor didn't see it, even after putting drops in. Was just an extra expense, but if it makes you feel better go to the eye doctor.

Jetta

Thank you all for your responses. I didn't think it could get lodged back up in my brain forever, but was still scared! I'll try to wait it out today, see if it shows up. I'll try eye drops, that's a great suggestion. Thanks again.

This has happened to me many times. This is what you do pull your eyelid up sliding it toward your brow forcing your eye to stay open, then repeatedly look at an object at an upwards diagonal away from your face and then quickly down so your lookin at your nose. Keep doing this and your eye movement will force it out.

This has happened to me many times. This is what you do pull your eyelid up sliding it toward your brow forcing your eye to stay open, then repeatedly look at an object at an upwards diagonal away from your face and then quickly down so your lookin at your nose. Keep doing this and your eye movement will force it out.

Great advice, thank you! I'll try it. This is bugging me terribly. My eye just keeps tearing and tearing....

I've been able to fish them out by looking far to one direction and then the other until a small part of it appears. Have someone there with you and look all the way to the right, left, up, down, diagonal, etc until they can see an edge of it. Then they should be able to gently get it out with a clean finger.

The same exact thing happened to me and I went to the optometrist and they were able to remove it. That experience plus all the maintenance involved made me decide to give up on the things entirely. I like eyeglasses better; no fuss, no muss.

Archived