Breaking away from reminders

Anotherday

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this. I think it's important to put as much physical distance between ourselves and abusers as possible. I also think maybe this includes reminders of them. Getting rid of all of their stuff, etc.

However, I've signed up to volunteer on Tuesday mornings at a food bank that is a few blocks from where he works. There are so many reminders down that way, as that's where I met him (a homeless shelter nearby) and also I remember meeting him after volunteering. I'm thinking about just quitting to put more distance there. At the same time, I want it on my resume. What would you do?

Are you still having trouble staying away from him? If so, I would see if I could volunteer at a different food bank - not just for the reminders, but to avoid any chance encounters.

No, no trouble staying away. He's a real jerk.

I wish I could just wipe the memory banks away with regards to him. I did go to volunteer and it did bother me when I left, but it was good to be there, so I guess I'll keep on doing it. I have another volunteer job I'll be starting soon, so maybe I'll keep both or just drop the food bank. Thanks.

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this. I think it's important to put as much physical distance between ourselves and abusers as possible. I also think maybe this includes reminders of them. Getting rid of all of their stuff, etc.

However, I've signed up to volunteer on Tuesday mornings at a food bank that is a few blocks from where he works. There are so many reminders down that way, as that's where I met him (a homeless shelter nearby) and also I remember meeting him after volunteering. I'm thinking about just quitting to put more distance there. At the same time, I want it on my resume. What would you do?

Why are those memories bad? Are they bad because things did not work out ? Dont supress things...think about everything including how you met him when you were volunteering. It worked for me in ways...i realized thinking about it more rather than supressing it helped me plenty.

Archived