Just another break-up story......

natureleddy

Hey to anyone that reads this! Let me start by saying that im really struggling to cope with my ex breaking up with me, and if anything I think I just really need to vent some feelings.....

Me and my ex were together for nearly 3 years. We had went to the same high school, but we never knew each other. As it happens we met at a concert after I had left for university. We immediately clicked, and found it hilarious that we had never gotten to know each other considering our shared interests etc. As I was starting university, I feel i missed out on the social aspects that it brings, because I was finishing lectures and rushing to see my ex. As a result of this new realtionship, I didnt really feel compelled to make new friends. By the time she started university (the same one as me), we had already been together for a year. I always felt that she was more able to make new friends because she had been with me for a year already. Everything, minus a few silly arguments etc, was perfect (or at least I thought) until February this year. We were planning to move in together in August, and had been planning this for quite some time. One day she came and said to me that she wanted to live with her friend instead. I was crippled, I know it might sound silly, but I was really looking forward to it. Anyway, after a weird and difficult month, she came to my door one day, hugged me, and said she was really sorry for ever wanting to live with someone else, that she loved me so much and that of course she wanted to live with me. She spent the night saying how sorry she was for messing me about. She even at one point said ''dont ever go anywhere, I dont know what i'd do without you''. Naturally, I was delighted, I felt so happy again. A month later, she was at mine one night, and seemed really distant, so I asked her what was wrong. Then she hit me with it. ''I dont know if I can do this anymore''.

That was at the start of May. We met up about two weeks later, and had a really good time. We even (perhaps stupidly) agreed to go on a holiday to Prague we had already booked about 3 months before. We both had a brilliant time when we were away, it was fantastic. The first night, we (again, stupidly) slept together. We had spent the day holding hands and just really having a great time, and one thing led to another. We've been remaining friends since then, coffee, shopping, having dinner sometimes.

It was great at first, but im struggling now. She says she loves me and cares about me, but she doesnt want to be with anyone right now. She has always been the type of person who gets mixed up and cant deal with problems. She even admits that when her and her family have a problem, they tend to just keep quiet and let it pass. I think about her every minute of every day, and no amount of activity seems to help. To make things even better, my parents are going through a divorce right now as well. Which is nice!

I know my ''story'' isn't special, and I know that everyone goes through this crappy feeling at some point. But I just really miss the best friend I ever had, and to be honest, im terrified of letting go. I know I should, but its so hard to even contemplate. I love her with all my heart, she is the best person i;ve ever met. I feel rejected, and really, really lonely without her. The thought of her having the time of her life without me, while im like this makes it even harder. I feel more and more that im waiting for something that is never going to happen. Its just so weird, we have such a great time together, but since christmas, she's changed so much in so many ways.

Im not expecting a definitive answer, I know one doesn't exist. But, for anyone that has been through this, does it get easier?

Thank you! I needed to get that off my chest!

It's even more difficult to get over someone when you are still in contact with and intimate with the person. I would suggest first removing her from your life and second moving towards making new friends. Sorry for how you are feeling.

Thank you for replying.

Im trying to do both. Its just the suddeness of what has happened. I tried really hard to reconcile, but I done everything I could.

I used to consider myself pretty strong willed, but ever since she left me I've realised im really not.

Archived