Calling your Step child (or parteners child) Fat.

Why do this? I've recently just got down to a size eight. (us size 6 I believe).

And I am STILL getting called fat, I could understand it when I was a size 14. But STILL! And how can you feel you have the right to call a person you've only known 6 years, Fat?

OK well I am going to ask you guys, am I fat? I will post a then and now picture.

First one is from around two months ago, and I have since lost more weight.

Second is from when I was a size 14, and 16yo.

I have always had problems with this man, and he had the cheek to say I am putting on weight again today. I used to hit him every time he would comment on my weight. and damn I feel like killing him now.

I have no self esteem as it is. And these comments make me feel even more worthless than I am.

EDIT, also since these comments I've pretty much stopped eating. I eat maybe three meals a week, and that tends to be dinner, and I try to go out and exercise loads. And I am worried I am going to get anorexic again, I've been there, and went through hell to get out of it. I still see myself as fat. But logically I guess I know I am not.

Got a more recent pic of me, may give a better idea of what i look like now..

no, you are not fat. and your step-dad is a jerk. have you talked to your mom about this??? even if you were a bit on the chubbier side, he can say things to you nicely, not call you fat!!!

i grew up with my mom critisizing my weight every single day and it sucks. and she still does it. pisses me off.

Your step-father has no right to do that to you at all. I would explain to your mother, and then leave. Go live at a friend's place (if you have a friend that can put you up) for a week to show them that you are not going to tolerate that. Tell them where you are going (don't just run away like a child) but show them, that unless things change, you are going to move out on your own, since treatment like that is completely intolerable.

no, you are not fat. and your step-dad is a jerk. have you talked to your mom about this??? even if you were a bit on the chubbier side, he can say things to you nicely, not call you fat!!!

i grew up with my mom critisizing my weight every single day and it sucks. and she still does it. pisses me off.

He's always called me fat even when I was under weight, and cycling every day about 8 miles a day if not more. And called me lazy. I've talked to my mum about this and she has ago at me etc.

nope you are not fat at all. But to me seems like you have to work on your mid section a bit more and also try to have a better posture.

Yeah my tummy is my worst place, my mums boyfriend says my face. I have toned up more and lost more weight. since the picture was taken. and I agree my posture needs sorting out.

Your step-father has no right to do that to you at all. I would explain to your mother, and then leave. Go live at a friend's place (if you have a friend that can put you up) for a week to show them that you are not going to tolerate that. Tell them where you are going (don't just run away like a child) but show them, that unless things change, you are going to move out on your own, since treatment like that is completely intolerable.

I have left before. I lived 400 miles away in Scotland for a month. And was not going to come home. But I did to finish college. It did nothing, made things worse if anything. Yeah last time I just ran away. I've done it 5 times, and things get worse at home each time. I am 19 years old. And I first ran away at 13. They havn't changed in 6 years. And likely wont.

I hate my family.

Maybe you could look into being an au pair, that way you would have a place to live AND employment.

What did you study in college?

Those jobs (around my area) are aimed mainly at emigrants. Most jobs don't do that sort of thing for (white) British...

And hairdressing - There are NO jobs in the hairdressing industry atm, aside from rent a chair, but then your having to find clientèle, which is incredibly hard in my area, and salons are closing down as it is.

He probably fancies you, feels guilty about it and is trying to push his attraction - and you - away by being rude and insulting.

Anyway he isn't worth risking your health over. Is he a perfect physical specimin himself? I'm sure he isn't, plus his personality sucks, so why give any weight (no pun intended) to what he says? Extreme dieting never works in the long run and can damage your health, so please take care of yourself and eat healthily.

Eww, he's 60+... *runs to bathroom to be sick* lol.

No I know he isn't, and I'm not even limiting my food intake, its just we don't keep food in the house.

And he is (and always has been) thin and in perfect physical health up until the last month or two.

I am trying to eat healthily, it is hard though when all I have is £50 in my bank to last me until september unless I manage to find a job.

He gets physical with you? In what way? If he is beating you or molesting you, then you can get a restraining order on him. If your mom won't listen to you, then I would seriously recommend this. There may also be government support for someone like you trying to escape an unhealthy home.

He gets physical with you? In what way? If he is beating you or molesting you, then you can get a restraining order on him. If your mom won't listen to you, then I would seriously recommend this. There may also be government support for someone like you trying to escape an unhealthy home.

he has hit me twice in the past, years ago. I told my mum and she said he didn't and if he did it was an accident. I've gone to the police about other things such as my brother beating me up and being raped, they said its a domestic and they cant do anything unless it involves me needing hospital treatment.

A size eight is tiny!! What a mean person!

And thank you BlueAfterglow.

Are You A Rock
Are You A Rock

Archived