This has been bugging me.

Salt

The only time I think it is okay to choose death over life is if you are critically ill, living by way of a machine or living longer than your body wants you to. In other words, I don't think Dr. Kevorkian is such a bad guy. My best friend had to watch her grandmother deteriorate these last couple of months due to lung cancer that had spread to the brain. She barely knew who she was when she died. I think if she were to have chosen to not live, she should have been granted that right. She didn't choose that, however.

So if a guy has shot his family or something, do I think it's okay for him to want to kill himself?

Heck no. Live with your actions. That's probably the only reason I don't always like the death penalty. I don't like that whomever has committed a heinous crime isn't going to serve time in a high security prison for the rest of his life---assuming he lives to be about 80.

I don't know if you were looking for that extreme of an example. Either way, my answer is no. My previous example is the only time I think it is okay to want to end your life.

Sometimes I just lie to people about things to ruin their schedule/day, or for something of my benifit, then feign sincerity pretending it was a common mistake, even when it affects long reaching things, like a job. It makes me feel better, and I find it humorous despite scolding from others. When I was young and knew I could get away with it by pretending I was emotionally distraught, I used to assault other students. I don't usually attack people now unless I figure they would not even consider legal applications. I tend to enjoy seeing others in physical or emotional pain, and if given an opprotunity to go unpunished, I'll definitely see to perpeputating it.

I only feel close to regret when I'm with animals like dogs and cats. There are times that I feel incredibly volatile, and I feel like doing something harmful, but I don't, because I know I would be subject to unpleasant retaliations from others, but partly that I just don't want to hurt an animal, because they are the only things that ever seem to show affection for me. I don't know how to explain myself fully.

Well apparently you feel some regret. Otherwise this post wouldn't be in the suicide forum. If you felt nothing at all then you'd just like your life abusing others and not thinking twice about it.

Have you ever talked to a counselor about WHY you do these things?

Death Quotes Page 2
Death Quotes Page 2

Archived