my ex and i has been in LC for about three weeks. Everything is going well i would say and there are even hints of flirting in the consvo. however, i have been playing it cool. i really want to get back with him but i want him to ask me back out for many reasons one being i dont want to pressure him away. plus, i already estab. i wanted to be back with him again.

Recently, he texted me out the blue and said i love you good night. I responded and said the same.

He texted again and said "what is going to happen with college?" i said what you mean?

really i believe i knew what he meant which was since i am going away to college, about two hours away...what will happen with us.

But he didnt even respond after i said what you mean...

i mean once i did respond to a similar question, and i had pie in my face. this was when we first start talking again. i didnt want to jump to conclusions either.

Now the next day i texted him just to see if i was overthinking and was not sure if he got his feelings hurt...

i believe i was right.

He texted back hey whats up.

i said nothin much and than he said oh.

the end.

it was like he had his guard up and i know that lately i have had mines too which is apart of the reason he prob. has his up but he was the dumper. broke my heart after three years..

should i reach out to him again and bring up the college thing or let it go?

i already estab. i wanted to be back with him again.

You've done enough.

He was the dumper, so he will have to do the initiating and show a little more effort at reconciling than you do, if there is to be a reconcile. It sounds like you are still too attached and too hopeful. If he truly wants you back, then he will do more than send a text now and then to keep you stringing along. But that may not happen for a long time, if it happens at all, and how long are you willing to wait around? Do yourself a favor and emotionally move on. Get over him for your own sake.

Want some pre-cooked advice? Get over him and move on.

Why are you still on this board? I told you to get over him already!

No, seriously: watch out and don't exaggerate with contact. He still backs off when you initiate too much. If he throws the hook again ("What's going to happen with college?") you DON'T FALL FOR HIS TRAP...and play it cool...which means you don't answer or answer with something funny and not serious.

Meanwhile try to mind your own business as much as you can because your ex will sense it if you make your life & happiness revolve around him and he won't be that attracted to you I'm afraid.

Want some pre-cooked advice? Get over him and move on.

Why are you still on this board? I told you to get over him already!

No, seriously: watch out and don't exaggerate with contact. He still backs off when you initiate too much. If he throws the hook again ("What's going to happen with college?") you DON'T FALL FOR HIS TRAP...and play it cool...which means you don't answer or answer with something funny and not serious.

Meanwhile try to mind your own business as much as you can because your ex will sense it if you make your life & happiness revolve around him and he won't be that attracted to you I'm afraid.

I was gonna throw in, "everything happens for a reason" and "either it was or wasn't meant to be" so it really doesn't matter what you do.

OK, I agree with all the serious advice. It's time to be cool and a bit cagey.

Archived