Help with planning first date plz!

psychoanalytical

Hi.

There is this girl I'm interested in and I'm 80% sure it's mutual (she's single).

Wanted to plan a first date but not too serious - I just want to have a good time with her and have her meet my friends.

So this is what I've got so far:

It's my birthday in a month, and I'm planning to have an dinner - get my good friends together w/ their gf/wives, about 5-7 all up, have a sit down dinner RSVP, and have 2 bottles of wine between us (so not too miserly). Prob. 7:30 - 9:30PM. And Then I'm going to ask the girl i'm interested in to come too. Dress code probably semi-formal - shirt no ties. The fun part is I'm not going to tell my friends that I'm bringing a girl too (LOL) and I can't wait to see their faces if she agreed haha. Of course if she declines nobody except her will know so I'll just have a good time w/ my friends.

Then afterwards I'll ask her whether she wants to go to a movie with me (cya to my mates hehe). At this stage I'm 75% sure she'll say yes. Then if it goes well, we can go to a bar/cafe eg. Salsa/coffee. Then I'll drop her home.

How does it sound?

Uh.... to be honest I don't think it's a good idea to drop her in the middle of a formal occasion for your first date. You really want something casual, like just a simple drink.

That's a little heavy.

Have to agree with this one. Both her and your friends will thinkt hat you're introducing her as your girlfriend.

Not what you want at all.

You don't want to take her out and then hold her hostage all day. You wanna meet up, make a great impression, and leave her wanting more. A lot of girls would feel too bad and awkward to say no once she's already out.

Also, I wouldn't bring her around your friends on the first date. I absolutely hate it when guys do this to me. I'm shy as it is, and I'm the odd man out with his friends and it's terribly uncomfortable. So I suggest you just hang out you and her.

Do something casual and just talk. Get to know one another.

Wow really? K just plain old coffee then...

lol I was just warming up to this idea. The thing is, I'm pretty sure she'll say ok... And my friends are pretty chilled so they won't pick on her. Maybe for a third date?

Doesn't have to be plain old coffee. What about a solid round of miniature golf or rollerblading? I like dates with action involved. They're fun.

You could also upgrade 'plain old coffee' with a walk in the park. Just keep it light and have fun.

As stated above, your idea sounds like one of the obligations you have to fulfill in an exclusive relationship ;-)

Doesn't have to be plain old coffee. What about a solid round of miniature golf or rollerblading? I like dates with action involved. They're fun.

You could also upgrade 'plain old coffee' with a walk in the park. Just keep it light and have fun.

As stated above, your idea sounds like one of the obligations you have to fulfill in an exclusive relationship ;-)

I guess it depends what kind of weather he is having...over here the weather seems to be more suitable for ducks! I agree that the OPs plan was a bit too ambitious for a first date. First dates should be more low key.

IMO there is nothing better than getting drinks for a first date. Drinks can last as long or be as short as you need them to be. Not going well? You can end it immediately almost. Going good? Buy another round, walk around with her downtown, etc. My downtown area has a park in it, so you can take her there.

Also, and I'm not saying to get drunk, but alcohol relaxes you, so a beer or two is a great way to loosen both of you up and get the conversation going smoother. A great "ice breaker" of sorts. You can't really go wrong this way.

Also, and I'm not saying to get drunk, but alcohol relaxes you, so a beer or two is a great way to loosen both of you up and get the conversation going smoother. A great "ice breaker" of sorts. You can't really go wrong this way.

DON'T get drunk on the first date. That's breaking Dating 101. Drinks are okay, and like Jpo said, they're great to loosen up and become more relaxed. But omg I went out with a guy like 2 months ago that got absolutely hammered and he definitely never got a second date.

DON'T get drunk on the first date. That's breaking Dating 101. Drinks are okay, and like Jpo said, they're great to loosen up and become more relaxed. But omg I went out with a guy like 2 months ago that got absolutely hammered and he definitely never got a second date.

But women love me when I am drunk! I am soo CrrAAAAzzyyyy! image removed

Seriously that guy is an idiot, you are supposed to get the girl drunk not yourself. DUH! I kid, I kid. image removed

Archived