Running out of answers

slowlyloosnhim

For the last couple of months my boyfriend and i seem to b struggling with maintaining our relationship. In the past he's repeatedly forgiven me for holding on to and getting a hold of ex-boyfriends, flirting, and lying to him countless times. I took up a change just recently and let go of all my exes and cut down on the lying and leaving out things but something still remains...he brought to my attention that i have a staring problem. He claims that i tend to slow down when we're walking down the street so i could scope out other guys. He believes that it is just another aspect of my cry for attention. I'm not sure why i do it and can't seem to stop. How can i get rid of my staring habit and finally respect our relationship because I want us to be able to go out and have fun and not worry about what direction I'm looking in or who i am looking at.

Welcome to eNotAlone.

Well...simple fix, you stop.

You conciously have to remind yourself day in and day out until that habit of staring is gone.

An easy way to keep a reminder of it, go and get a small rubber wristband or something, and put it on your arm. Each time you look at other guys, or lie, or flirt, you conciously switch that wristband from arm to arm and hopefully you catch yourself doing it... and eventually you work on getting it down to not switching it from arm to arm for days to weeks at a time... it will take time, but if you hold true to it and work on your habit, it will go away. Just as a test, try to go 21 days without switching the armband because you honestly went 21 days w/o looking at any other guys with no disrespectful thoughts in your mind.

Maybe he's not giving you as much attention as what you would like? From what I read it does seem you are attention starved and there is nothing wrong at all with that, I can be the same way sometimes. Maybe you feel that the more men you have the more attention you will get? Maybe you want someone with you 24/7 and you don't care who so you go out and try to get as many people as possible? I think you should talk to him, tell him you need more of his attention.

Archived