Isn't it weird how you ask complete strangers on the internet about a person that you know better than they do.

Dated for 1 year. Have been broken up 1 week. Had little times apart during our year. We had no contact all this last week. I noticed that he had put himself on an internet dating site (however, his profile seemed to indicate that he was not seeking anything serious) , so I decided to send him a text that said something to the effect of that I had decided to move on (am trying to) but that I wanted a clear conscience (which is true) and wanted to apologize for two things in pariticular ( too controllin - not psycho or anything, but still, looking back, did not handle things correctly and failing to be supportive and admiring at times) Anyway, he responded and said he was sorry that it had to be like this (he was the dumper) that he knows it has been hard on me and he said he knows that is of little comfort, then he said I was not all to blame that he has his funny ways too. Then he said he hoped we could be friends in time (I had said that too in my text).

Later, I told him that he has some mail at my place and he responded ten 4.

I am going to quit contacting him for now. I do want to reconcile, but I just don't know if it is possible. I know it will take time. In the meantime, I need to heal me and hope this "obsession" dies down. I think about it all the time....Will it get better? What do you all think of his response?

Thinking about it all the time is a natural part of the healing process.

As far as your hope for reconciliation and his response--I think it shows he's ready to move on, even though he holds no resentment toward you. I don't think he showed any indication he's hoping to get back together. Don't get your hopes up, don't think about anything any further down the road than just one minute at a time. If you do, it's harder to let yourself heal.

i think that no contact is the way to go. you will heal faster w/o him in your life and if he changes his mind, he will realise his mistake sooner w/ no contact from you.

its gonna get better for sure. its hard now. its heartbreaking. its a new way of life. its difficult, but it wont be for long. promise!

It will get better.Once you realise that he did not appreciate youll see. It is just a sad state of affairs when you get that feeling of closeness and realise the connection is broken. Its gonna be hard for you but go no contact and dont give in. Be the bigger person.Good luck.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. We have had times in the relationship where he needed "time and space" I did not always respect that like I should. Anyway, I am hurting sooooo bad....I wish I could wave a magic wand and be over it. He is over it......Why can't I be???

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. We have had times in the relationship where he needed "time and space" I did not always respect that like I should. Anyway, I am hurting sooooo bad....I wish I could wave a magic wand and be over it. He is over it......Why can't I be???

Because you care.Its ok to care.But its time to care about number 1..you. No contact..

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived