straight woman just wondering...about transgender

I have a very open mind and I am the type of person that needs to understand EVERYTHING.

There is a person that I know that was born a woman, and declared that she was lesbian. Last year she started having surgeries to become a man. He Legally changed his name and gender, had a masectomy, and a few other surgeries. I have wanted to ask, but I dont really know how without crossing some type of boundary, if there is one, about the transformation.

Here are some things that I wonder.

Why change genders? And if you change gender, are you now considered straight?

When a woman becomes a man, how does she receive pleasure if there is a prostetic penis?

Finally, how does one look up doctors that perform these surgeries?

I dont really know how else to ask these probing questions without offending. I really dont want to offend; I am very open minded. I just want to know so I can stop wondering!

Thanks!

There have been a lot of posts on this you could probably do a search on this forum or even google some articles if you really want to know.

I will address one question, because I also find it kind of interesting. The penis that he would get isn't a prosthesis but basically shaped out of the tissue that is there I would imagine mainly but not exclusively the vulva and stuff. Ive seen pictures and in a documentary from Holland and it is pretty amazing, it looks totally convincing. They would keep the nerves and everything in tact so if her "parts" gave her pleasure before then his newly shaped parts would too. The tissue that makes the penis hard is analogous to the tissue that the woman has that makes her wet, so really there is a lot that surgeons can work with.

I'll first note that I'm not transgendered but I know a bit about such people.

Why change genders? And if you change gender, are you now considered straight?

It's important to remember that transgendered people aren't gay people that one day just thought "hey, if I change genders then I'll be straight!" It's more along the lines of transgendered people being born with the physiological characteristics of one sex, but the brain of another. In fact, if you were to compare a pre-operation transexuals brain (lets say its a Male to Female transexual) you would find that the M2F transexuals brain is more similar to a womans brain then a mans brain despite the fact that the pre-operation transexual has male physiological characteristics (i.e a penis).

In essence, think of a pre-operation male transexual as a horribly disfigured woman rather then a guy that just one day decided to be a girl.

When a woman becomes a man, how does she receive pleasure if there is a prostetic penis?

This has been covered but just to reiterate, they reshape the penis in to a clitoris or otherwise they use existing vagina to shape the persons new genitals.

Finally, how does one look up doctors that perform these surgeries?

I'm not sure but from what I understand they are not surgeries that one can are easily obtained (obviously). There is a counselling component I believe to assess the mental stability etc. of the applicant and if this is something they genuinely want to do. The surgery is expensive and typically a transexual would want to get alot of additional plastic surgery to try and get their face and general physiology looking as much like their new gender as possible, particularely as transexuals are extremely ripe targets for hate crimes and so the better they can blend in and not be recognizable as a transexual, the greater the likelihood they wont get beaten or killed.

I have a best friend that is transgendered...makes me jealous as she now has a killer body! anyway the way she explained to her group of close friends is that she always thought she was a girl...inside...she liked things women liked, - found men attractive, but did not find the idea of being with a man from a homosexual aspect desirable. she was never into 'male' things, and also was not good at them, and she also longed for the same things woman long for :security, children, a wedding, she just knew from about 10 on that chemically she was female, even tho she was born with a penis. her transformation has been incredible...and she is a woman to us all. sometimes even those of us that were born female are more masculine then she is!!

yes she considers herself straight, as she enjoys men very much. I think the woman to men transformation is different and more difficult then the man to woman change, so I dont know about sensation of the penis, after surgery. She has a very real looking vagina, and claims she can climax...her doctor was found through her counselors. ALOT of extensive counseling is required prior to being accepted for the surgery. She is very happy now!! and she never speaks of ever having been male, becasue quite frankly...outside of a few missing parts...she never really was. and we love her. she is my friend.

7 shocking 😜facts about women ...
7 shocking 😜facts about women 💁body | Sound Health Solution

Archived