I'm incredibly confused..

MrHapless

After getting out of a mediocre relationship that I shouldn’t have been in the first place, I decided to amuse myself with internet dating . My train of thought was that I should message as many girls as possible to guarantee a response. The problem with this is that I ended up getting several responses. Through my sheer obliviousness, I have somehow managed to unwittingly woo two different girls.

This is funny in a twisted way because it is the polar opposite of my usual situation. Usually I can’t get a girl to give me the time of day, so I’m not experienced here. Because they’re both really nice; and I don’t want anyone’s feelings to get hurt. No matter what I do, someone is going to get rejected.

On top of the two girls from the internet, I am beginning to suspect that the girl my best friend is chasing around has a crush on me too. Whenever the three of us hang out she basically ignores him to talk to me. She’s one of the most amazing girls I’ve ever met, but I’d have to turn her down; because I couldn’t do that to the poor guy. I’ve already stolen one girl from him and we put it behind us, I think if it happened again that would pretty much be the end of the friendship.

I honestly have no idea what to do about either situation and I thought maybe the Internet would have some good advice for me.

Well how do you feel about the two girls? Have you weighed the pros and cons of both of them. Is there one that you fancy over the other?

I think if you are just in the dating stages with nothing serious between them then you might come out with minimal damage.

I think you should go out on a date with both of them and see who you click better with and are more compatible with.. Take a few dates if you need to decide. There is nothing wrong with "playing the field" a little bit in order to find a suitable match for you. As long as you are not leading anyone on, you are doing nothing wrong. I only think it becomes a problem if you become sexually active without making your intentions clear, or have sex with more than one person at a time, that is unfair.. You don't owe anyone an explanation if you go out a few times and decide they are not a good match. Just politely say to the "rejected" one, that you don't feel you two were compatible.

I think you should go out on a date with both of them and see who you click better with and are more compatible with.. Take a few dates if you need to decide. There is nothing wrong with "playing the field" a little bit in order to find a suitable match for you. As long as you are not leading anyone on, you are doing nothing wrong. I only think it becomes a problem if you become sexually active without making your intentions clear, or have sex with more than one person at a time, that is unfair.. You don't owe anyone an explanation if you go out a few times and decide they are not a good match. Just politely say to the "rejected" one, that you don't feel you two were compatible.

Agree completely with this.

But, MrHapless, I'm a bit confused about the other situation and how it relates to the first. On the one hand you indicate that you're unaccustomed to female attention & interest in you, and thus at a loss as to how to handle 2 prospective girlfriends. But then you go on to explain how a) your best friend's girlfriend might be interested in you, and b) this isn't the first time that has happened. Which kind of contradicts your claim of oblivious inexperience vis a vis the first two women. Are you perhaps being a bit coy with us?

Anyway if you're asking about what to do regarding the girlfriend/love interest of your best friend, I think you answered your own question, "if it happened again that would pretty much be the end of the friendship." Heck for many people if that happened only once that would be the end of the friendship!

HOW to STOP MULTITASKING
HOW to STOP MULTITASKING

Archived