Am I doing the right thing?

Run4Fun

After the break up I made all the mistakes I could have possibly made. I tried way too hard to get her back and pushed her into another guys arms. Eventually I went into NC for about a month. I broke the NC to get the rest of my things back. That day at her house she apologized over and over for how she had treated me and hurt me and admitted that she took the easy way out, but choosing to date someone new instead of working on our issues and said she had some thinking to do because she had some hard decisions to make. It was clear to me that she missed me and was considering coming back. We talked a few times in the next few days and said we were trying to be friends and would see what happened even though she was still with him.

A few days later she told me that her reaction that day was only because she hadn't seen me in so long and that she was sorry if she made me think we were getting back together. From there I went back into NC for about a month. She texted me 2 weeks ago and i ignored. Again the next week she texted me and I ignored. Its been a week since the last text. Is NC still the course of action I should take? Should I get in contact with her or let her contact me again? I feel like I need to tell her that if she wants me in her life then she needs to show me that she does or to leave me be, so that I can move on.

Stay NC for a little while longer. One month isn't long enough for her feelings to really change for good. If you talk to her now you'll likely get a repeat of what happened last month. As long as she is dating someone else it's best to stay NC until she makes some type of effort to break that off.

I'd give it another month before responding to her and make it brief and unemotional. Don't worry, she ain't going anywhere anytime soon. The longer she is out of touch with you the more she will think about you and what she lost. IF she wants you back she will make an effort and needs to. Until then just ignore her small attempts to contact you and get on with your life.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived