Eat every 2 hrs, or 3 times a day better?

Im not fat but would like to lose some weight. Probably because i hate my arms that look big to me, im afraid to work on the arms only because it might make it look bigger. Anyway no harm looking overall slimmer hehe.

i am stuck between the two good choices. Both are healthy, much veges and fruits. Should i eat every 2 hours or 3 meals everyday? To lose weight, not to maintain. i LOVE food and am not picky. thats why i dont mind being creative with veges/fruits. I would enjoy eating every 2 hrs. i would always look forward to the next meal if it's 3 meals per day. I exercise every night. Pls help me pick a choice! im actually hungry now and im not sure if it's ok to touch that vege sandwhich or should i save it for dinner soon?

THX!!!

You are on the right start.

Every two hours a day is a better choice. It will speed up your metabolism. The more frequent you feed your body, the more your metabolism has to work and will speed up. However, if you are eating three large portioned meals a day, it tends to have the opposite affect on your metabolism. The time you are waiting in between meals leaves your metabolism empty and it starts slowing down.

Weight-lifting is good for buring fat. One myth that women tend to believe is that they will bulk up and gain a lot of muscle if they practice weight-lifting. It is only a myth. If anything it will tone you up. You would have to be taking steroids to even start to see muscle bulkiness like that.

Your best bet is to see a nutritionist.

Everyone's body is different, and following any sort of fad diet or cleanse can actually wreak havoc on your system.

Once you determine what will work best for you, certain rules likely apply accross the board:

One of the best things is to take time for your meals-- don't multi-task (no eating while watching t.v., for example), and don't rush while you eat; that way you will notice when you are full, and won't overeat.

Snack when you are actually hungry, and not because it's "snack-time".

Also, if you are trying to lose weight in a targeted area (your arms), you may find that toning exercises will be far more effective than diet alone.

I always had a tough time having many small meals a day. For one thing, I really like the feeling of being completely full and satisfied from a large meal. If I only get to do it two or three times a day then it's fine. I find that I stay full for hours and hours that way. It's also difficult for me to eat only small amounts. I think a lot of people who try to do this end up eating more calories than what they would if they ate only 3 times a day. I mean, if you're going to eat every 2 hours, that's like 8 meals a day. They would have to be minuscule. It requires a lot of planning and writing down how much you're eating. Not to mention time constraints. It would be tough if you have a job.

I guess there's no harm in trying. If it works for you, then great.

I personally prefer the 3 larger meals a day (400-500 calories each) with 2 100-calorie snacks if I am dieting. I love to cook dishes, so sticking to 100-200 calories per meal would not be satisfying to me.

Fresh fruits and vegetables are indisputably good for our body because they have fibers that effectively wash out unwanted toxins out of our body and in effect, eliminate unnecessary fats. Also one should avoid junk foods and those items containing excess sugar.

A good work out needs a good diet in order for having a healthy body because diet without exercise and exercise without proper diet only lengthens the time of achieving our goal.

• 2 months later...

Hi sammiec,

Lecithin stops fat from building up in cells. In addition fats will also be broken down. Soybeans contain plenty of lecithin. Soybeans are an example of a food for fat loss, so having soybeans in everyday diet helps to raise the chances of losing fat and weight.

Archived