Really fed up with peole making me feel like CRAP

tulipsfav

Hi all, feeling really down and extremely sensitive. My friend sent a few texts today, i was really glad to hear from him. I suggested we have a chat on the phone and we agreed on a time.

Unfortunately i didnt get to ring him, but sent a text to explain i had been held up, and was it to late to call. His reply basically said not to bother calling, when i apologised i got a reply of lol!!

He hurt me, we couldnt talk earlier because he was busy. Dont understand him!

Only seems to want to talk when it suits him.

Any thoughts guys?

Well friends are different than boyfriends. Friends aren't committed to you and they don't have to talk to you all the time. I think his "lol" might have been like a "haha, sounds pretty hectic" type of laugh. Not laughing at you. Boyfriends should make time for their girlfriends, but a guy friend isn't necessarily going to drop what he's doing to chat. It was good for him before, but then he got busy and it was no longer a good time. Cut him some slack. Call up some of your other friends to chat if you're feeling lonely. Just don't expect too much out of your friends, you know?

Well friends are different than boyfriends. Friends aren't committed to you and they don't have to talk to you all the time. I think his "lol" might have been like a "haha, sounds pretty hectic" type of laugh. Not laughing at you. Boyfriends should make time for their girlfriends, but a guy friend isn't necessarily going to drop what he's doing to chat. It was good for him before, but then he got busy and it was no longer a good time. Cut him some slack. Call up some of your other friends to chat if you're feeling lonely. Just don't expect too much out of your friends, you know?

I understand what you are saying, i wasnt feeling lonely, just wanted to catch up with and see how things were going as i have been quite supportive over the last couple of months. If he doesnt want to chat that is fine with me, maybe i shouldnt make myself so available to him and others!

I understand what you are saying, i wasnt feeling lonely, just wanted to catch up with and see how things were going as i have been quite supportive over the last couple of months. If he doesnt want to chat that is fine with me, maybe i shouldnt make myself so available to him and others!

I understand. I think we all feel that way sometimes. I know that I get lonely a lot and just want to talk. Call up your other friends when you feel lonely, or maybe someone in your family. I hang out with my brothers when I'm bored and lonely.

How much later was it after the agreed time that you sent him a text?

And why did you send a text instead of calling him?

Hi, i sent him the text literally 5minutes after the agreed time, i didnt call him because i was in my sisters house with a lot of family members, would be very anti social of me to retreat to an empty room to call him. Really got the impression that he was not happy that i didnt call him.

Feeling like a failure, mum? This i...
Feeling like a failure, mum? This is what you need to hear

Archived