Need help to decipher this EX's behaviour!!

Hey everyone!

Question: I text messaged my ex-boyfriend the other day from my new number to ask if he wanted me to return something of his that I’d found. Eventually he answered that he would grab it off me and used the pet name my friends use when thanking me, but not after asking if I got a new number (which he already knew I did), or asking if what I’d found was the naked pictures of him (of which I have none … and never did.)

Now to both I replied fairly normally, and replied back to the naked pictures comment that I wouldn’t give those back anyway

Anyway, the very next day, he emailed me a video clip of a song that had special meaning to us as a couple.

I replied to the email, saying ‘awesome clip, I’ve got some great memories to that song.’

Today, still no reply by either email or text.

I’m just wondering what you boys and girls think – what is he doing? Just playing with my head? Fishing to see if I’m still into him?

Especially from the boys, can you please help – even if you are the dumpee like me, you still understand boys better than most girls do!

I really appreciate everyone’s help, thank you!

Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into this. Mainly because it was you who started the conversation. I am a guy myself and I can say this with some surety. When a girl starts a conversation on her own, out of no provocation, we do tend to 'flirt' a little, sometimes for absolutely no reason. There could be more than just this to the whole thing. If there is, he will make another attempt to reach out. Till then, I think you should just assume this to be regular 'guy' behavior and move on.

Its like if a girl I find (or once found) attractive at work, approaches me with some thing. My first involuntary, primal response as a guy would be to just joke around, and flirt a little bit. This does not mean I intend to start anything meaningful with her. Just that guys somehow can't let go any opportunity to flirt with attractive girls, especially when they are the ones making the approach lol!

So don't read too much into it...just yet.

See guys, I thought the same thing about the texting - he could totally just be playing around with my head like it used to be - you know, fishing for a reaction but ...

Then he sent me this link to the song ...

Which, trust me, is not a mainstream tune, and it doesn't have any partiular significance to anything but us ...

Archived