Not sure what to think.

sharples2
What If My Ex Wants Me Back - What...
What If My Ex Wants Me Back - What To Do?

Its been almost a month of nc contact. The ex has been dating this other guy since Feb. There has been contact here and there and she has told me that she misses me and still loves me and would get back togehter with me if she was single ect. She even sent several texts saying that she wishes things were different and that she wants to have sex.

We saw each other almost a month ago at work and she approached me and said hi. I kept it short and simple. I didn't even put in the effort to say goodbye when I left. I got back to my desk and she emailed me "how was the food?". Our work had a cookout. I replied "It was Alright". She responded "Oh I really didn't eat much, I only had a hot dog". I didn't even bother to respond after that.

The next day I open my facebook and there was the IM from her saying "get back to work lol". I didn't respond to that either. I was just on there now and noticed that she deleted me as a friend. Not sure why she would. He Boyfriend is a control freak so I am not sure if he found out that her and I were friends on there and made her delete it. I know that he doesn't have a Facebook account.

I can look at it like a good think cause I havn't been paying attention for the past month about what she is doing. Just going out and have a really good time with everyone. When we were dating and right after we broke up she would constantly watch my Facebook with her friends when I wasn't there. I am not sure if she goes on there and tries to see what I am up to and then deletes me??

If she was over the fact that she broke up with me and wanted to be friends then all the pictures of messages wouldn't bother her.

Any thoughts?

She is trying to keep me close enough incase anything goes wrong with her new boyfriend. I won't pass up a girl in hopes of them breaking up. I just don't feel like setteling for some girl that Im 50 50. Had my fair share of those that only last three to six months.

Like the saying goes, you don't know what you have until its gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Been feeling great these past 7 weeks. Havn't thought about her at all. I never really looked at her Facebook at all. I recently noticed that she deleted me from her facebook, which is fine. I went up on a trip to Maine on the Saco river this past weekend and had a blast. Did a lot of thinking about life and where I want to go in the next 12 months.

She was working Saturday and spoke with one of my co-workers about me. She made a comment that I was at the "Stupid River Trip". It got back to me and I just laughed it off. It looks like her and I won't be able to be friends at this point.

If she was so happy that she claims to be then why is she still bringing me up after all this time? If I was in her shoes and I was truly happy, I would want to be my friend and keep in touch and be happy for me and only speak good things. She leaves posts about how she had an amazing time and all other things about how happy she is. I have been having a great time but I don't need to tell the world. They can just look and me and see. It looks like she is trying to get me to get in touch with her and tell her I miss her or ask her why she deleted me.

Looks like the tables have turned for the better.

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 1/2 months of No Contact, I get a text message yesterday out of the blue from the Ex.

She put: "Hey! How is everything?? Also glad to see this year NO sprained ankle!!

Honestly, what is the point? I saw her new facebook picture with her and her boyfriend of 6 months. Didn't even bother me at all. She looks like she has a fake half a** smile next to him.

The question is do you respond and just say been doing good? Or do I just don't respond at all. I am not sure what she is trying to do here in this case. Is she trying to see if I am still here waiting on the back burner for her?

Dude, all you can do at this point is ignore everything she sends you. If you respond at all, she'll keep doing it and that will only delay your healing. The point is, she is with someone else. Lets say she eventually breaks up with him and you guys get back together. It'll always play on your mind that she left you for someone else once, and she can do it again. Move on, find someone who deserves you!

Since she's been dating someone else for five months, it's likely they're now past the honeymoon stage and she's responding to that relationship not being as exciting as it used to be by reaching out to you.

I would ignore her--she may think she's just maintaining a friendship but she probably actually has more complex motivations that could easily end up hurting you if you let yourself get sucked back in.

Thanks for the replys. Before I went into No contact with her a while ago she even made a comment that he wasn't what she thought he was when they first started dating. Now he fights with her and is very controling ect. Alot of negative traits. Her problem that she needs to deal with herself is that she needs to stick up for herself. I told her that the grass isn't always greener on the otherside of the fence. She is his first girlfriend since his marriage ending last year at this time. I have finally gotten to the point where I am happy in life and realized that I can live without her and her love.

I'm just now sure why she is reaching out to me. She tells everyone how happy she is. I think its all a lie.

Archived