I have been hanging out with this girl for about 3 months now and she is still torn up and emotionally unstable from an ex that she broke up with over 7 months ago. I know she into me, but a couple times this month she has becomes distant. I will say that I am into this girl and I am fully aware of the past, but I am at a loss when she becomes distant. We always talk or text, so its just really out of the blue. What makes a girl that is so confident almost everyday have the insecure, moping, doesnt want to talk day?

could be like me, I still miss my ex and it's been 3 months since we broke up.. I didn't really have a choice.. some personal things got found out by the parents.... (woops) soo they wanted me out of her life and shes 18 sooo ya... but anytime she texts or if I even see a picture of her.. makes me really mopy

thats why people shouldn't get into relationships until they are fully over their ex's but people want to overshadow the pain their ex's caused with some sort of happiness that a new person would bring. Sad part is , while it might work sometimes, for the most part they'll just end up either hurting them or each other.

/sighs why don't i take my own advice more often

she is still torn up and emotionally unstable from an ex that she broke up with over 7 months ago

There's your answer right there.

If she's not over her ex completely yet, you can't force her to get to that point any faster. Just be her friend for now, and be supportive of her. She'll be healed eventually.

I have been hanging out with this girl for about 3 months now and she is still torn up and emotionally unstable from an ex that she broke up with over 7 months ago. I know she into me, but a couple times this month she has becomes distant. I will say that I am into this girl and I am fully aware of the past, but I am at a loss when she becomes distant. We always talk or text, so its just really out of the blue. What makes a girl that is so confident almost everyday have the insecure, moping, doesnt want to talk day?

Getting over someone often requires periods of solitude and moping--it's like regrouping, she's working it through. It take a lot of effort to engage with others during these times no matter how much the ones you pull away from are otherwise valued and enjoyed.

Respect her cycles of distance, and don't take them personally. If you do, she'll feel the pressure. Now is not the time.

In your corner.

Archived