Talk me into going to the gym please...

live.ur.life

I have been up all night studying. My sleeping patterns always change when I'm taking classes. That's besides the point tho. I really, really want to go the gym this morning. I'm going to go regardless, to workout and tan. I was looking at the class schedule for the dance classes and yoga that they offer, but I am too scared to actually take one. I'm apprehensive about it because I know me..I'll get there and act like the introverted person that I am. Does becoming a social person take practice? Do I have to put myself in an uncomfortable situation over and over again, to become confident in it? Is that how outgoing social butterflies do it? Or will always be the socially inept person at the party?

I want to be an outgoing person, but I tend to freak out easily under stress and being around a room full of people, will definitely make me freakout, this I know...

So what should I do?? Any advice from those social butterflies out there?

Ooh dance class! Have you seen dancers bodies? that would be motivation enough for me right there.

It'll be hard the first time you step into the room, but it'll get a lil easier next time, and IM SURE there are other people in classes stepping out of their comfort zone nad it'll be good because you'll make new friends when you feel ready.

Ooh dance class! Have you seen dancers bodies? that would be motivation enough for me right there.

It'll be hard the first time you step into the room, but it'll get a lil easier next time, and IM SURE there are other people in classes stepping out of their comfort zone nad it'll be good because you'll make new friends when you feel ready.

Ok.. I don't want to go on and on and on about this, but I know I am going to feel like collapsing. I know me like a book. I don't want to seem mean or closed off. I want to so badly, but I fear that I will get physically sick (strong heart palpations, sweaty palms, sweaty period!)...I don't want to go thru this, but do I have to take myself out of my comfort zone if I want to change?

Believe me live, nothing is scarier than walking for the first time into a karate class...don't let fear stop you from your life....after that first class and the fun and people you will meet you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

First day at school, work, dates...always the hardest.

You will be fine............just go do it.

I would suggest not going if you've only had a little sleep. I often get sick when I workout on little sleep. If you do go, make sure you drink plenty of water because lack of sleep dehydrates you, or at least it does me. Also, if you haven't had much sleep, then you will probably be less social. You're better off going when you are alert.

But if you mean that you've been asleep all evening and just woke up recently, then I say go for it. Sometimes you meet much different people in the morning compared to the evening. And even if you are introverted in the class at least you will have gone and you may feel good afterward.

Believe me live, nothing is scarier than walking for the first time into a karate class...don't let fear stop you from your life....after that first class and the fun and people you will meet you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

First day at school, work, dates...always the hardest.

You will be fine............just go do it.

Ok, this is where I start giving you excuses....But, my fear is so much different than the average persons..Mine is more intense...It's debilitating...

I would suggest not going if you've only had a little sleep. I often get sick when I workout on little sleep. If you do go, make sure you drink plenty of water because lack of sleep dehydrates you, or at least it does me. Also, if you haven't had much sleep, then you will probably be less social. You're better off going when you are alert.

But if you mean that you've been asleep all evening and just woke up recently, then I say go for it. Sometimes you meet much different people in the morning compared to the evening. And even if you are introverted in the class at least you will have gone and you may feel good afterward.

I actually feel more relaxed when I am asleep, ironically. Most people are probably snotty and on edge. Me, nope!, I'm easier to talk too, I let things roll off my shoulder, etc....I might look tired, but I'm going to do my hair and try to look decent at least....The only thing holding me back is my fear...I fear talking to people or relating to people, because I feel that I cannot. Please, don't feel sorry for me..lol

ok my friend...isn't your screen name live.ur.life? No more excuses, because excuses turn to regrets and then you will feel worse.

Tell me besides the syptoms you described what you think will happen? What are you truly afraid of?...having a good time? looking and feeling better? meeting new people?

Exercise is the BEST thing you can do to get the oxygen to your brain, which will give you better brain power for all that stuyding your doing...YOU WILL GET BETTER GRADES and not be as stressed out.

okay out the door you go !...nope don't feel sorry for you...If I was there I would physically help you out the door..and I would go with you.

ok my friend...isn't your screen name live.ur.life? No more excuses, because excuses turn to regrets and then you will feel worse.

Tell me besides the syptoms you described what you think will happen? What are you truly afraid of?...having a good time? looking and feeling better? meeting new people?

Exercise is the BEST thing you can do to get the oxygen to your brain, which will give you better brain power for all that stuyding your doing...YOU WILL GET BETTER GRADES and not be as stressed out.

okay out the door you go !...nope don't feel sorry for you...If I was there I would physically help you out the door..and I would go with you.

I am afraid of rejection...I have always been the shy girl in the corner...I'm not hostel towards anyone, I just don't talk...I try to avoid convo because I fear that it will bring drama..It seems like everybody I have tried to befriend in my life has ended up on my F-bomb list...I don't want to ruin anyones life, I don't think I am worth it.

Which, by the way..Thank you so much for encouraging me through this. I promise, I am not looking for attention.. I am not looking for someone to validate who I am..I am honestly scared out of my mind...It's an irrational fear.

If I get there and start talking to someone, I might have like two things to say about myself, but afterwards I'll just clam up...

I am really upset with myself right now...Who am I to feel like I am not as good as the next guy? What did I ever do wrong? Why do I feel less worthy of everyone elses time? Ugh! It's like a continuing cycle of going downwards and the only thing that is stopping me is myself...ugh!

Thank you guys for you advice. I"ll go...But I'm not doing the class thing..At least not yet...

Edit: I was kind of out there with this post.. What I mean is that I continually talk myself down. I am always thinking to myself that everyone elses life is so much more better than mine....

Easy! Fitness and body. You feel refreshed, not so tired everyday, your smile will be brighter. You would fit in smaller sized clothes, and have a mental edge on your fellow females. People will start to notice you more, and treat you nicer. You could probably even increase your marks at school or get a promotion. Plus if you have chubby cheeks you've always wanted to lose - the gym is the place to be.

Easy! Fitness and body. You feel refreshed, not so tired everyday, your smile will be brighter. You would fit in smaller sized clothes, and have a mental edge on your fellow females. People will start to notice you more, and treat you nicer. You could probably even increase your marks at school or get a promotion. Plus if you have chubby cheeks you've always wanted to lose - the gym is the place to be.

I know all of this, but I am afraid to go..Afraid that people will stare and I will be the mark of ridicule...

^lol...well, I went to the gym. I didn't make it in time for any class, so I did the regular. 20 minutes of tanning and then 30 mins of treadmill at medium pace, then about 15 minutes of weightlifting...I'll push myself harder once I build up the endurance.

Good for you! Now just remember the feeling that you had right after you finished being on the treadmill... that rush of energy that makes you feel great after a workout is what always gets me motivated to go back!

If you decide in the future to try a class, I suggest being as prepared as you can be beforehand... that means little things, ie knowing exactly what clothes you're going to wear, having a bag with water, a towel, change of clothes or shoes, etc... and tell yourself something positive and direct, such as, "I am going to take a class today and do my best at it!" I tend to talk myself out of doing things all the time, but if you just go in and do it, and believe that everything will turn out okay... it usually does! And sometimes you just have to force yourself to say it, even if you don't believe it at first, you will come around to it eventually.

Not sure what kind of dance you're talking about - but dance is fantastic for introverts like you and I. Allows you to express yourself without words, and if it's a partner dance like Swing or Salsa, it builds confidence around people you don't know too well - and you still don't have to talk much. It's beautiful.

Going to the gym is great, too, because everyone just listens to their iPods. Nobody really cares who else is in there, they're all trying improve themselves.

As a matter the fact you can go on any of the classes and be introverted person as you are. I wouldn't let me stop it. Go there and act in a way you feel comfortable.

Skipping something you might like because you generally dislike your personality is a crappy deal.

No one said you need to be outgoing. Thats what you think you need to be.

I agree that the more you expose yourself to scary situations (well, gradually of course) they will seem less as a threat.

Low Carb Diet - Fitness Journey (Da...
Low Carb Diet - Fitness Journey (Day 6)

Archived