Lemon Detox??

sweetgirl141
Lemon Water Weight Loss Recipes –...
Lemon Water Weight Loss Recipes – WordPress

Yeah, I have actually, and you know what? Cleared my cold right up =D

There shouldn't be any negative side effects unless you dump a heap of pepper in there.

As to whether it'll make you feel better? The risk is low enough for you to give it a shot and see.

I could do with a detox. I heard water and fruit for 24 hours is good

I was trying to get into the military back when I was 17 years old. I was about 20 lbs over what the weight requirements were for my height. I ate nothing but lettuce and tomatoes, topped with vinegar and drank plenty of water for two weeks straight. I lost a good 30 lbs...Over a two week period. Of course, the weight did not stay off because I didn't continue to workout. I also didn't go into the military change my mind, like a person with ADD...

Sounds good....think I will read up on that and begin one tomorrow. I could do with shifting a few pounds....

I second that! I need to go out and buy the lemon juice tho....Chucks! I guess I won't start til Tuesday...We'll have to keep each other posted....On our side effects, if any at all?

I second that! I need to go out and buy the lemon juice tho....Chucks! I guess I won't start til Tuesday...We'll have to keep each other posted....On our side effects, if any at all?

Yeah ok and updates in this thread ok, if the OP doesn't mind

GOOD LUCK ...lol

Sooo... I did this, a few years ago. Lasted 30 days. If that's not will power, I don't know what is!

My experience with it was pretty good, I'd say. It's hard to explain how it was, but it was nice. I felt really good about everything. I don't remember how much weight I lost, but it was a significant amount. But I wasn't really doing it for that. It was encouraging though.

Might be TMI, but I started my period a few days after I started the cleanse. And I gotta say, it was the lightest and most (emotionally) intense period I've ever had. Which was alright with me. I usually feel like utter crap around that time of the month, but I didn't then.

If you wanna try it, I say go for it. But as with everything, do your research. Some people say it's very unhealthy, others say the opposite. It's important you decide for yourself.

I found this site very helpful when I was on it. Having the support of others going through the same thing makes things easier, IMO.

link removed

It's all placebo. Any weight you lose is because you're not actually eating anything comparable to what you'd normally eat in a day. There are no toxins in your body because your body happens to be really good at getting rid of them all on its own. No help needed at all.

Everything these "detoxes" do for you can be reproduced by two tablespoons of Metamucil a day, as well as eating a bit healthier all around.

It's all placebo. Any weight you lose is because you're not actually eating anything comparable to what you'd normally eat in a day. There are no toxins in your body because your body happens to be really good at getting rid of them all on its own. No help needed at all.

Everything these "detoxes" do for you can be reproduced by two tablespoons of Metamucil a day, as well as eating a bit healthier all around.

^This. The kidneys do remarkably well at cleaning toxins out of your body provided you're not stuffing trash (unhealthy food) down your mouth.

Detoxes are fine for a few days, but any more than that and you are losing muscle mass.

Most of what you are losing is water weight. And when you begin eating "normally""again, you'll gain it all back and probably more..The body is in starvation mode.and when you eat it stores every little calorie because it does not know when it will be fed again.so next time you attempt to lose weight it will be twice as hard.

It's a vicious cycle. I would only suggest a very short fast...1-3 days, then begin eating healthier.

Have a good healthy meal tonight - with the knowledge that you won't be eating for a while. When you come back to "real life" - food tastes marvelous!!!! It can kick start a whole new attitude with healthy eating!

Read lots about it though. I actually found the full text of Burroughs book on line here's another link

link removed

ps: have fun with the salt water chug - yum yum! (lol)

edit: did big search and can't find full text of book on-line. Maybe the public library? Most of the webpages that came up had the info anyway.

When you said you make real good friends with the bathroom, you would recommend starting this on a day where you dont have to work. How often did you have to head to the bathroom? I usually work every day but there are days I work from like 6-9, which isnt very long.

What do you mean when you say it gets easier after the first couple of days? Did you find it hard to only drink the liquid and not eat?

I read the book on this and it sounds pretty unhealthy. A liquid-only diet will only help you lose water weight, then when you get back on real food, you'll be so starved to chew something you'll go overboard and gain it all back.

Eat less, exercise more, there you go.

I read the book on this and it sounds pretty unhealthy. A liquid-only diet will only help you lose water weight, then when you get back on real food, you'll be so starved to chew something you'll go overboard and gain it all back.

Eat less, exercise more, there you go.

you will lose muscle too.

Archived