Why Do I Feel Ashamed?

shy2cool

Whenever I have glanced at random girls that I find to be attractive, I have always looked away as though I feel embarrassed to look their way.

It happened again today. I glanced at someone and then they started smiling, but then I immediately proceeded to look away.

I need to stop doing this.

What do you think when you notice someone doing what I do? ie. look but then look away.

I would think maybe you were shy, or just being friendly but not really interested. Im not sure.

Why is it you feel ashamed...when this happens what thoughts go through your mind?>

I feel like I am doing something wrong. Like it's wrong to find someone to be attractive.

I feel like I am doing something wrong. Like it's wrong to find someone to be attractive.

Well that's your problem right there.

Staring is one thing, but looking at someone attractive and shooting them a smile is well... the first step for most relationships.

Why would anyone be offended by you finding them attractive? The only ones who would give you stick about it would be those trying to mess with you.

It's something you're gonna have to get around.

As to what I'd think, I'd think you were shy. Wouldn't put any more thought into it.

Mmmm, for me when I do that (and I do the same thing you do sometimes), it's because my self esteem flashes back to when I was younger and I wasn't able to go out with anyone I thought was attractive. (I was bullied a lot because I was always the new kid at school each year - moved all the time). It left a permanent issue with me that I don't do well around attractive strangers - I look away just as you do.

There's nothing wrong with smiling at someone - it's all an internal issue with your shyness, whatever is causing that reaction.

Archived