Didn't know she went on holiday THERE...

angryanimator

My new girlfriend and I both just went on separate holidays. I left a couple of days before her and got back yesterday. She sent me an email on the day she left which I got to read for the first time yesterday.

I knew which country she was going to, but I didn't know exactly what city or part. The email told me. It's a place where people go to do nothing except get drunk and have sex. There won't even be anyone foreign there, just other Brits.

I've known people who have worked there so I know what it's like. When I told my friend where she went, he cringed and went "uh-oh". Another friend said "you idiot, you let your girlfriend go THERE?"

I'll be seeing her in a couple of hours (she landed earlier this morning) but I'm not sure how to handle this. Do I just act like I'm fine and blow it off? Or do I bring up that I'm kinda concerned? Don't want to seem controlling or insecure, is all.

If you love her and trust her then what is the problem, I doubt she cheated on you, why would she if the relationship is strong. Why on earth did you go on separate holidays. I don't think you've anything to worry about, but if she is all over you like a rash it's probably becasue she misses you not because she feels guilty. I'm concerned that you listen to other people and assume she is going to cheat on you, why?

first off, you didn't 'let her' go anywhere. you two are bf/gf, she is not your property. you have no choice in allowing her to go. second, it doesn't mean she is cheating. it could just be a 'party island' with lots of pools, bars, nightclubs, but one can enjoy all of those things without cheating. so there you go. and if someone wants to cheat, they'll find a way to do it in cleveland, ohio.

Let's reverse the situation. Say you are a guy, and your gf is concerned you went travelling to Pattaya, Thialand for a holiday, a place that is notorous for sex tourism. Would it be fair for her to accuse you of going there to cheat on her and labelling you as a sex tourist? Maybe you are there just to study the culture, get a feel for that place and atmosphere, or are just boosting your ego of having various hookers seeing you are a foreigner and coming on to you -- but maybe you are not really planning to cheat or who with a hooker there. However, you are still in that environment.

Humm...maybe bad example. Okay, well, okay, what was she doing there?

Humm...maybe bad example. Okay, well, okay, what was she doing there?

She was on holiday with her friends. It's a common holiday spot for young British people who want to go and party.

Point is though, she probably had this booked before she got with the OP, and got with him knowing that she would be going to this place, and she would no longer be single.

I think this was a concern as I don't think I would ever book a holiday to a place like that unless I was single... actually I would never go to a place like that, but that's just my tastes.

I spent yesterday with her, and don't think anything happened. I trust her.

The holiday was booked kind of randomly and both my girlfriend and her friend had no idea what the place was like until the day before they left, i.e. the day she sent me the email.

Also, both my holiday and hers were booked before we started going out, which was about a month ago.

If she did cheat, you'd find out about it sooner or later. You've been only dating one month..anything can happen. Can't be serious for only one month and plus, like someone else mentioned, if they wanted to cheat, they will do it no matter which city. When you're older you'll be thinking other more important issues than somethingl ike this...

Archived