Being unemployed for 4 months is driving me crazy!

Ms.Lady

God this sucks!! I can't do anything without money! I can't do things without paying for something and I simply do not have money to spend. I'm so freakin tired of applying all over my city to only get letdowns. I'm literally lost and I do not know what to do. I spend a lot of time trying to find anything.. but I don't know who's going to hire me.

I feel really left behind. To make it so bad, two of my friends who were in the same boat as me with being unemployed both got jobs within the last two weeks, so I just feel left in the dust. What do I have to do to make money, prostitute myself on the street or something? Jeez, this is really annoying and it makes me want to give up since I'm not making any progress.

I was there not too long ago. I had lost my job and I was unemployed for about 4 months too. I was looking on Craigslist and online job applications on a daily basis and just trying to move toward something everyday. My best advice to you is to swallow your pride and try fast food. Sure, it sucks, but it will at least give you some cash so you can look for something better. In fact, if you want a job at Domino's I can arrange that.

Go up and down the main shopping precints/populated areas and hand in resumes. If you're desperate (I don't know how old you are) you can apply for any sort of counter/hospitality job, even if it's ridiculous hours and crappy pay - it puts food on the table.

Trust me, I have had a lot of crummy jobs, but I wasn't going to go without food/bills/gas.

I was there not too long ago. I had lost my job and I was unemployed for about 4 months too. I was looking on Craigslist and online job applications on a daily basis and just trying to move toward something everyday. My best advice to you is to swallow your pride and try fast food. Sure, it sucks, but it will at least give you some cash so you can look for something better. In fact, if you want a job at Domino's I can arrange that.

Hey I wouldn't mind working at Domino's for the time being... If you can help in anyway I'd appreciate it!

I know just what you mean, it's like the whole world is moving forward and you're being left behind. In many ways that it what's wrong with the state benefit system (I don't know where you are, but here in the UK it's a huge issue) unfortunately the way things are at the moment it's proving tought to even get a job in retail.

All i can suggest is to keep plugging away. Kudos to you for getting out there and looking, there are plenty of people who sit on their bums and go nothing.

What do I have to do to make money, prostitute myself on the street or something? Jeez, this is really annoying and it makes me want to give up since I'm not making any progress.

You want money that bad? (smile)

Don't you feel like you are exploiting guys though by pandering to their lower carnal nature and robbing them, where they probably don't have a job either and need their money for themselves? You don't see anything wrong with that?

Not making a deal in a long time is driving me crazy. Feel like looting my cards and seeing a prostitute sometimes to get my mind off of this. (Never been with one before -- but keep aside some money just in case for a rainy day). I mean, if I look at it I'm paying $ 300 /mo for office franchise fees -- I think I'll quit it. Spending half or a quarter of that money on a prostitute sounds better while I go to another company that charges less.

So, we are both thinking of prostitution as a solution -- you want to make money, I'm looking for escape via sexuality two very opposed reasons. Well, good luck, at finding a job. (Just kidding -- not looking for any prostitute, etc... joking about this whole thing)

Archived