Birth control - FREAKING OUT.

PhilliesFan001
Truth About Cell Phones In A Relati...
Truth About Cell Phones In A Relationship

Agh, I am so stupid.

I've been on the pill for about 2 years now. I'm on my "period week" and I'm starting my new pill pack on Sunday. I don't have it yet, so I just called in my prescription for a refill and I was told I have no refills left and have to get my doctor's authorization!

With it being the holiday weekend I don't think that's possible until Monday. Which means I will be without my pills until possibly Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday.

This has never happened to me before. What the hell do I do?? What happens if you start your pill pack three days late?! I am so freaked out!

Go to a sexual health or family planning clinic. Not sure where you live but almost all cities/towns have these. They will give you birth control pills there and you don't need a prescription. They are usually cheaper and around $5-$10. However they probably won't be open now until a weekday. But I'm sure a day or two of missing it can't be that bad.

Agh, I am so stupid.

I've been on the pill for about 2 years now. I'm on my "period week" and I'm starting my new pill pack on Sunday. I don't have it yet, so I just called in my prescription for a refill and I was told I have no refills left and have to get my doctor's authorization!

With it being the holiday weekend I don't think that's possible until Monday. Which means I will be without my pills until possibly Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday.

This has never happened to me before. What the hell do I do?? What happens if you start your pill pack three days late?! I am so freaked out!

Whatever you do do not have an abortion ... if pregnancy does occur adoption may be a good choice ... but while it is early go to a family planning clinic

Why are you guys suggesting back up methods? Where did she say she was going to have sex or had sex during this time period? She is worried about the interrupted use of birth control pills, What affect it will have on her, And or if it will affect her current period, And or other concerns related to going days without a pill after being on them for so long.

-Exec

Bit late this reply, but in case this happens again in the future:

You MUST start your new pill pack on the EXACT day that you always start (in your case, OP, on a Sunday). If you start any later then you risk pregnancy if you have intercourse. And as sperm can live in the female reproductive tract for up to 5 days, that means if you had sex on, say, the Friday of your pill-free week AND you started your pills late (say, Tuesday), you could get pregnant. I read somewhere that most pregnancies on the pill come about by people starting to take their new pill pack late.

So, if you don't have a new pack in time for starting a new pack, you will have to use other methods of birth-control until you get a natural period and THEN start a new pack on the first day of this period. That is the safest way. Do NOT start a new pack late, it is just not safe.

HTH.

Archived