First time initiating NC

So less than 10 minutes ago I sent my ex a text telling him that I wont be contacting him anymore. I let him know that when he wants to try again and start a new, fresh friendship, then he can contact me. I am giving him the reigns to contact me because it seems as if when he contacts me we will both be ready. I feel like it hasn't been working lately because of the way he is talking to me. He isn't sincere. And sometimes he is rude. We recently broke up, less than 2 weeks ago, and initially I thought a friendship could be started right off the bat. It didn't seem like the case, though. Today was another day where I became angry. I texted him and was very rude expressing my feelings. I realized that this is not healthy for me and I'm still going to need a lot of time to heal so that anger will not interfere with our new friendship. We are both still in a stage where we are upset, angry, and frustrated with one another. We both just need our space. It's going to be very tough though. I'm scared of giving in. I've told myself constantly these past couple weeks that I will break contact with him, but I think that today is a breaking point for me. I sent the last text and I told him not to respond. Hopefully I can stay strong. I just want to know what he's doing. I want to know how he's doing. I want to know how his family is doing. I want to know everything. It's going to be difficult. It's going to suck. It almost seems impossible. I erased his number in hopes that I would go to my contact list and not see his name and be reminded, though I still have his number memorized. Anyways, any advice on NC?

heatherb16 is offline Reply With Quote

You've made a really wise choice and if you truly want to keep a friendship with him it's the best thing for both of you. If you can stay strong and wait until things have cooled down for both of you it could end with a rewarding friendship. It's just good you were smart enough to try and do this now before you both became resentful of each other because your emotions are still too strong.

It's important that you stay strong and keep looking forward. Don't dwell on the past or any problems and keep NC until, not just he, but YOU feel ready.

Archived