Suggestions for getting her mind off things

A few weeks ago I posted about my girlfriend suffering from low moods/depression. Anyway, she decided to go to the doctors to discuss it with him. As she had suffered from it in the past, they discussed how things were going and when she was the most happiest and that.

He also mentioned about what she likes to do in her spare time / interests and hobbies. She said most of her spare time is spent with her family/friends and me. The thing is both of us don't really have hobbies as such. He suggested that she does something in the evenings to occupy her time.

We do couple stuff together like movies / shopping / days out and that but I must admit in the weekday evenings we don't do a lot. I used to go to the gym 2-3 times a week, but since we got a house together I've cancelled that as it was a lot of money to spend out on just me and I knew things would be tight the first few months. I did think this would be the perfect thing for both of us to do together, as I knew when I was going I used to feel so much better (mentally and physically). The doctor said he would have recommended it as well but suggested she didn't do that for various reasons. She has a hard time as it is putting weight on. So going will push her underweight again.

I'm looking suggestions for a few fun things we can do as do together in the evenings - to help her get her mind off things and just to break up the week a bit with something fun.

Any suggestions or ideas would really be appreciated. If anyone else has gone trough something similar, and has got any suggestions please share them. I just want to help the best I can to get her through this.

I love watching movies cuddled on the sofa, or start watching a series together. Thats the best. Or you could game together (if your a geek like me) Just try and keep her mind off it by chatting and doing stuff. You could go for walks, or out in the week or cook dinner together.

Archived