Bad Karma, I guess...

CrazyKing

Have you ever wondered about why certain things happen in your life at times when everything seems to be fine???

I lost almost everything - my passport, drivers licence, bank cards + my telephone, now I'll have to pay large sums to get everything renewed, and I'm already in debt...

Of course I start thinking why such things happen to me and I realize that it might be because of certain things I've done the past few months... And then - I've barely done something good to other people, all I do is taking something without giving and it seems like things have to be taken from me for some kind of balance... I mean - It's impossible to run away from things, they will come back to you no matter in how a safe place you might be at the moment...

Personally I don't know what good things I could do now, I'm in need to help other people, to "clean" things, but where do I start???

I know where you're coming from. I don't do certain things just b/c of the possibility of bad karma. I'm not supersticious at all but I believe fully in karma.

I try to do things for others "for fun and for free" (to borrow a phrase from my 12-step program). Meaning, I have no expectations of outcome.

One day I was walking my dog and I noticed lots of trash throughout the neighborhood. I'd had a grocery bag in my pocket for our walk, so I started picking up garbage, telling myself "this is going to give you good karma! You're earning good points from the universe!"

Well the universe thought it appropriate to humble me, b/c as I was thinking it while bending over to pick up garbage, a bird flew over me and pooped on me.

Since then, I try to live and do things for fun and for free. Karma's a little better now. I do notice, though, that when I'm not living in my HP's will, karma is a little worse. When I'm caught up in my own crap and can't be bothered by anyone around me, the universe finds another way to put me back in my place again.

Personally I don't know what good things I could do now, I'm in need to help other people, to "clean" things, but where do I start???

Do you only want to start "cleaning up" and help others by doing good deeds, so as to have something "good" happen to you in return? Because if that's the case, then I don't think it would work in the way you imagine.

I think good deeds, when done sincerely and coming from the heart, will bring good karma (if you believe in karma).

As to where to start: You start by helping anyone who may need help, no matter how small. It's really very easy and straight forward if you think about it.

Ive been thinking alot about something i read once about how good things still happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Ive been trying to deal with that alot because i was probably too good of a person and have had a really f-ed up life. I think its best to do things that you would like to do. It could be just talking to someone you havent talked to in awhile, spending time with someone that doesnt always have company, trying to see if there are any type of charities or programs around your neighborhood to help people in need. It could be as simple as listening to one of your friends when they are going thru problems. The only issue that was already talked about is just because you do good things doesnt always mean that things will happen the same for you. I guess people say to be self-less when it comes to really wanting to help people so its just you doing a good deed. Its just my problem with that always was what if you help people that dont appreciate it or even worse take advantage of your good will. I think thats been a tough one for me to answer but most likely there isnt much you can do because you probably need to take the good with the bad and sometimes ugly.

If people take advantage of your selflessness, you simply move on to help another person. You don't stop doing good things b/c someone took advantage of you. You have to do it with no expectations.

You should also not say "I was too good of a person" b/c I feel like that's asking for bad karma--like what happened to me when the bird pooped on me.

Do things with no expectations. In my experience, that's what's helped my karma.

I totally believe in karma, I've seen it happen far too many times and it can almost be creepy how appropriate the response is.

Hers mudders is right - to me it's about who you are as a person - being truly a good person vs trying to do the right thing makes a difference. Although bad things still happen to you - those bad things can trigger bad karma for other people, but you unfortunately have to suffer because of them.

I believe in karma, definitely.

I also find that life has its ups and downs regardless of how good or bad you've been. About every three months, I have a low point in my life. Like a sound wave.

I don't really believe in karma (as in label me agnostic in that regard), but I do agree that life is very much like the stock market. Very cyclic- what goes up, must come down, and vice versa. I think it helps to think this way because no matter how bad life gets, you can be confident it'll turn around at some point, so you just have to hang in there.

Same thing happens to me. When I'm on top of the world and everything is going the legends way karma comes into play and something happens that takes my happiness away.

I don't know why this happens to me. I don't really do bad things to other people.

I believe in Karma because I read it in the bible, if you take so shall be taken from you and so on. I don't know what to tell you about cleaning things up, you just have to work each day or each moment (test) to make a better choice.

Example of karma. I didn't believe in mental illness, now I have one which I need to treat to maintain what used to be normal. I got it because my son supposeldy has mental illnesses of somesort and I was treating it but not appropriately so God has decided to put me through it personally so I get what I was missing before. I have many more examples of what I believe to be is karma, but it's much too personal to share.

Jetta

What Would You Do With 1 Million Do...
What Would You Do With 1 Million Dollars Cash?! | Unexpected Answers To Quirky Questions 2

Archived