Non Chew Foods - Wisdom Teeth Out.

Food To Avoid Eating On an Empty St...
Food To Avoid Eating On an Empty Stomach & What Should You Eat

I'm starving.

Jello and pudding was ok yesterday because I felt too sick to really eat..

but this morning I am starving!!

I don't really feel like soup for breakfast, I'll save that for lunch and/or dinner...but any recommendations?

I can't really open my mouth far, and am not allowed to use a straw.

Why would food go in the holes? They stitched them up right?

In all seriousness, I haven't stuck my tongue in the areas to even find out and my mouth won't open far enough to look in a mirror. Haha.

Where did you get this idea that food would go in the holes? I had 3 taken out just recently too. 2 were stitched up, and the other wasn't. But the other wasn't even a 'surgical' procedure so I was less worried about that. I think what you say will only happen if for some reason the stitches open up. I also avoided unnecessary movement of my jaw and didn't open my mouth.

Yea, I find when I talk or eat, the bleeding picks up..so Im trying my best to not move my mouth unless necessary.

I guess people have told me way too many horror stories this past coming week haha.

Ahhh I know that used to feel. I'd quickly go rinse my mouth with the oral mouth they gave me later.

I had a lot of blended things and drinks. I find blended papaya ice the best! It cooling and numbs the pain or numbness while I think papaya has got their own healing properties as well.

The first day I was told not to rinse my mouth because this might remove the clots and then bleeding will start all over. I didn't use the rinse until 24 hrs later. I didn't brush etc I was even careful drinking water. And i didn't talk. I had no bleeding.

I don't recall any instructions, I was pretty out of it when they talked to me afterwards.

I rinsed with the rinse last night before bed..as it said before bed and after breakfast.It stung and started bleeding again.

But its been fine since. I'll be taking it easy for sure.

Keep any more suggestions going.

I'll think I'll attempt a smoothie for breakfast.

non lumpy soup,mash potato, porridge, youghurt, soft boiled egg, scrambled egg.

it doesnt matter whether its breakfast or not, most of us have had a cold bit of pizza in the morning right? just make sure you eat

until your more stable!

if your concerend about food in the wounds rinse your mouth with salt (warm) that should shift it plus keeping all the gremlins at bay!

wow, you brave girl, you're awake! After I got my wisdom teeth out, I OD and passed out for like a week. I hate that weird feeling. ugh. so gross.

in addition to the blender ideas with fruits, you can also do that with veggies. doesn't taste very good, but you don't wanna go without your veggies for like a week!

Strange, I was eating normally the day after my surgery. Wasn't a big deal at all. I'm guessing you've never had any type of operation before?

Try protein shakes, cream of wheat, peanut butter, coconut water, sorbet, yogurt, kefir, eggs

Really? I guess it changes from person to person too. But how old were you when you had it done? They kept telling me healing slows down dramatically with age. I keep remembering what annie said about this, that she was craving a bigmac right after the operation

I was eating normally the day of my surgery. But I had them done one by one. So when I couldn't eat with the left side I just chewed softly with the right.

I vote no to peanut butter! Too sticky and you can't afford the movement right now

apple sauce, yogurt, cottage cheese, sherbert (typically a more healthy alternative to ice cream).

I'd go soft serve if you are going to have ice cream, btw. It's a lot easier to eat, in my opinion. Frostys from wendy's are great.

Anything like ensure or slim fast will give you lots of protein and vitamins to fill in the gaps.

Really? I guess it changes from person to person too. But how old were you when you had it done? They kept telling me healing slows down dramatically with age. I keep remembering what annie said about this, that she was craving a bigmac right after the operation

There's someone from work who had 3 of hers pulled. I think she had it done on a Friday, and she was back Monday looking no worse for the wear. Not sure how old she is, but I'd guess mid-30s, maybe even 40.

Really though, if you can avoid getting dry sockets, you're golden. They're the worst.

Archived