Can I still get her back?

I was dating this girl for 2.5 years. We started off great but after a while I started to take her for granted. There was a big fight about trust and money issues. I basically acted like a real jerk and was very selfish. We where living together and I ended up running her off and she moved about an hour and a half away. For a while we still saw each other on weekends but I kept saying and doing the wrong things. I can only say that I hurt her a lot and often but she kept giving chances. Then one day she stopped really wanting to talk to me. She had finally had enough. She says she still loves me but needed the whole time and space thing. She is only 21 now and I am 26. She said that she had not experienced life yet and was not ready for a serious relationship anymore. It has not been but a week since then but I have already done all the wrong stupid things you can do. I text her and called her a few times. I keep saying I love her in my texts and stuff like that. I also wrote a letter and a poem and have tried to get to know her friends better. I have really seen the errors of my ways in our relationship and have changed. Today I called her and poured my heart out on the phone apologizing for the major wrongs I had done. I told her I wanted to give her the time and space and would wait for her. Since then she has changed her myspace to say single instead of in a relationship and took all signs of me down. This depressed me greatly after having hope that my phone call would give me the strength to step back for a while. I am trying to tell myself that it could be that she is testing me or at least that there is still a chance in the future but I will have to wait awhile. The advice I am looking for is not on if I should move on because I want to marry this girl and have promised myself to give her at least a year. I would like to have some opinions though on if you think I still have a chance or not. I would mostly like advice on how long I should wait to make any contact and any advice on how to get her off my mind so that I don't contact her.

The advice I am looking for is not on if I should move on because I want to marry this girl and have promised myself to give her at least a year. I would like to have some opinions though on if you think I still have a chance or not. I would mostly like advice on how long I should wait to make any contact and any advice on how to get her off my mind so that I don't contact her.

lost,I will be honest.I have been in your shoes, with a similar situation....did the same mistakes and everything....let it be,begging won't work or anything...best thing its let the river flow its course..Im still dealing with the pain,because like you she is the woman I always wanted and would do anything for her.probably she will take some time for herself and let all her desires out her system"like dating more,having more experiences,specially sexual" and there is nothing you can do about.she is not ready for commitment,i guess.Don't keep hurting yourself by waiting.If she comes back someday,Lets hope its not to late.Women never forget about the good boyfriends!!!

no matter how hard it is you have to move on. dont contact her and sort yourself out and keep yourself busy like join a gym,catch up with old friends and do hobbies. We have all been there when the ex says they want space. usually it is the beginning of the end. you cant change what has happened. so dont beat yourself up over it. be strong and it will get better. she may come back but dont be wating about for her just incase

Archived