Advice?

SamiJayne

First off, I am going to see my midwife tomorrow about this!

I made it to 24 weeks! So we're both relieved. I didn't sleep very well on the eve of 23 weeks and 6 days. Every wiggle the baby did, or twinge I got I was panicing. But Alls well!

I noticed that the baby has started kicking differently. He normally kicks hard near my belly button and an inch bellow it. But now he is kicking from where my pubic hair is. Also the last 2 days he hasnt been leaning against my stomach. He seems to be hiding...

I'm worrying because Sophie did the same thing, she went in to hiding and within days of that I was in labour. And her kicking habbits changed. The last kick I felt off Sophie was when they were scanning me to see which way she was when I was in labour. And it was exactly where the baby is kicking now.

So I can't help but think about Sophie, and worry this babies going to die as well.

There is no pain, no bleeding, Nothing really other than this to worry about.

Please tell me I'm paranoid, and it's all normal!

It also doesn't help the fact that I canceled my cervix scan (it was meant to be today) for next thursday so Stephen could go too.

Hi Sami

I'm sorry you are feeling so worried! It's a very natural response though. It sounds like you had preterm labor in the past and perhaps it didn't turn out so well? It's really expected that you would be extra aware of everything, and unfortunately I think you will feel this way even when you finally have your baby in your arms... cause you have gone through so much.

I have a few questions:

When was the other pregnancy?

What happened? What did they determine the reason was? Was it an incompetent cervix? If so, did you get a cerclage and are you taking progesterone?

What do you mean hiding? Babies change position all the time, so just because they are kicking in the same place doesn't mean the same thing is going to happen again, even though I realize that you are extra conscious of everything. As long as your baby is kicking, it's ten times in an hour, counted one time a day, right? Your doctor should have instructions for kick counts, then you are fine.

I just encourage you to talk about your fears and know they are normal. we can't take your fears and feelings away... I'm sorry about your loss. I know it's a very sad thing that no one should ever have to go through.

Hugs Sami! I understand why you're anxious ... this must be really difficult.

I think you should feel free to call your midwife or doctor anytime you feel at all concerned ... that's what they're there for. You need to take care of yourself too, and I think that includes taking all necessary steps to assuage your fears.

I can't wait until 16 weeks from now when you have a healthy, perfect baby boy!

Oh and he is kicking where your pubic hair is cause he is breech position, totally normal for your gestational age. Later, he'll be kicking higher up cause he'll head will be in the pelvis to prepare for "take off".

I have a few questions:

When was the other pregnancy? I gave birth November 4th last year.

What happened? I just hadn't been feeling very well, and couldn't sleep that night, We all thought it was just another UTI. But soon found out I was in labour.

What did they determine the reason was? They did blood work, and tests on me, told me Sophie was perfect and I didn't need a Post mortom. They just said it was mostly likely my cervix

Was it an incompetent cervix? If so, did you get a cerclage and are you taking progesterone? I've been having cervix scans every 3 weeks. And my cervix is above average length. So now there clueless to why it happened. I'm getting swabs every 3 weeks also to check for infection, and midwife every 3 weeks. UTI tests weekly. Everythings normal.

What do you mean hiding? It looks as if my stomach has collapsed. Sounds crazy typing it. But it doesn't "Poke" out as much as it did. So by hiding I mean he's not leaning against my stomach, he's gone towards my back. (I'm guessing)

Babies change position all the time, so just because they are kicking in the same place doesn't mean the same thing is going to happen again, even though I realize that you are extra conscious of everything. As long as your baby is kicking, it's ten times in an hour, counted one time a day, right? Your doctor should have instructions for kick counts, then you are fine. I was told about counting kicks, But was also told not to count until 28weeks+

Sami,

It's SOOOO normal for the baby to change positions at your stage in the pregnancy. They move allll over the place until around 34-36 weeks when things get tight and then tend to settle into position. With my baby she was up and down and all over, I'd feel kicks in my cervix and then up under my ribs the next day, and sometimes my kidney, and then nothing but a little rolling around. Doctors will tell you not to count on regular kicks and movement until 28 weeks or so, so you are well before that window.

I know you are worried because of losing Sophie, but try as hard as you can to feel joy and relax, your baby sounds like he is just fine and I have a good feeling about your pregnancy- 24 weeks yahoo!

I was like you and worried every day of my pregnancy (no history of loss either) until the day I heard her first cry. Now she is a week old and I have a whole new list of things to worry about LOL!

Hang in there (HUGS)

Changing positions is normal! Also for Sophie it was probably normal, and unrelated to losing her. I can imagine that this pregnancy is very scary for you. It's hard to have trust and faith in a good ending after losing a baby, of course.

I think that Hope is completely right, in that in every stage of having a child, carrying it, nursing and raising it... you'll always be worried. A good friend of mine, who is mother of 1 with no. 2 on the way always tells me that learning to have faith is one of the most important things.

So far, your pregnancy is going very well. Every week you can add to it, you will look more forward to meeting your little baby, and be more relieved that all is still well.

HUGS

I would also agree that it's completely normal.

I think that after about 32 weeks, they will stop moving around so much as they get bigger. Depending on how they are placed, you can feel them less or more as well.

To be honest, I didn't feel this baby well enough at 24 weeks to be able to consistently track her. I could feel her sometimes, but it was very random.

Now each night, I feel the kicks in my ribs.

Thank you for the replies. My midwife was pretty awesome too. Shes offered to see me weekly if I'm getting panicy. Just so I know everythings ok. =D

But I won't take her up on it yet. Good job my partner is away! As he's already worried sick, hardly sleeps. I am woken up constantly by either the baby kicking, or by him trying to get the baby to kick as he's woken from a bad dream. So it's good that I was worried for nothing xD

Stephen just tells me I should be greatful that he's not worse. Is there anything worse than being woken up several times a night? lolz

Thank you again

xxx

Thank you for the replies. My midwife was pretty awesome too. Shes offered to see me weekly if I'm getting panicy. Just so I know everythings ok. =D

But I won't take her up on it yet. Good job my partner is away! As he's already worried sick, hardly sleeps. I am woken up constantly by either the baby kicking, or by him trying to get the baby to kick as he's woken from a bad dream. So it's good that I was worried for nothing xD

Stephen just tells me I should be greatful that he's not worse. Is there anything worse than being woken up several times a night? lolz

Thank you again

xxx

You're already getting awoken at 23-24 weeks from kicking? Oh lord. All I will say is good luck =)

Congrats on the little boy, since I know it's what you wanted.

Thank you again

xxx

You're already getting awoken at 23-24 weeks from kicking? Oh lord. All I will say is good luck =)

Congrats on the little boy, since I know it's what you wanted.

Archived