Would you date a guy who has had gay experiences in the past?

bingedrinking

Pretty straightforward question. I mostly like women so I see myself being with women most of the time. I just want to know if women would find this disturbing. It would be nice if they said "past is past" but we all know it is not as easy as that.

I am more of a 70-30 guy leaning towards women.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty straightforward question. I mostly like women so I see myself being with women most of the time. I just want to know if women would find this disturbing. It would be nice if they said "past is past" but we all know it is not as easy as that.

I am more of a 70-30 guy leaning towards women.

I don't think having a gay experience in the past would bother me, but the idea that 30% of the time you are still attracted to men would.

I don't think having a gay experience in the past would bother me, but the idea that 30% of the time you are still attracted to men would.

Does it really matter though? I don't really see how it makes a difference of being 100% attracted to women. Being bisexual doesn't mean we want to do anything that moves lol.

I would, if I genuinely believed he was at least as interested in women as in men.

I wouldn't if I thought he was really a gay man who wanted to live a straight life for reasons of family pressure, societal pressure, religious issues, etc.

I would, if I genuinely believed he was at least as interested in women as in men.

I wouldn't if I thought he was really a gay man who wanted to live a straight life for reasons of family pressure, societal pressure, religious issues, etc.

In short, you would date a guy similar to me. Right?

In short, you would date a guy similar to me. Right?

Sure. Well, you know, if I were still in the market!

In fact my husband was not 100% sure about his own sexual preferences when we started dating. He'd had flirtations with men and was definitely not opposed to the idea. So he was attracted to both but with a preference for women. We've been married 6 years now.

Sure. Well, you know, if I were still in the market!

In fact my husband was not 100% sure about his own sexual preferences when we started dating. He'd had flirtations with men and was definitely not opposed to the idea. So he was attracted to both but with a preference for women. We've been married 6 years now.

Ok so then that's two women Not very encouraging. It is perhaps better to hide these feelings.

In my opinion there is no 'experimenting with the same sex' when it comes to men...you're either straight or you're gay, there's no in between with me.

Then maybe the OP is actually straight since he has a preference for women?

I've done my share of exploring.... lol, so yes, i'd expect my partner to have similar values as mine -non-judgmental!

What would be scarier is dating a closet case. Marriage and 3 kids later, he might turn and tell me one day that he was never in love and I was only his cover. Now that's a murder waiting to happen.............................

Archived