8 months later and nothing works other than perhaps $$

It is very hard to compete with the excitement of a new relationship when trying to get a love back. I am finally giving up but didn't initiate NC until it was too late. I very much doubt it would have helped. It seems though that lifestyle is the only thing that can make a difference since it was one of the two big reasons for the split. Can money buy love? It can certainly couldn't hurt. Two of my friends said that it plays a significant role. I have to believe in my case that it was at least 50% of the reason. This economy is playing a big role in breaking up families and I have no doubt about that. I did acknowledge my mistakes and have learned from them but she said in her own words that both lifestyle and feeling wanted/loved are what motivated her to leave. The lesson guys for me is that the lack of money ( a certain level) and a lack of affection were the two main reasons. ( how does she not know that I want her)

Although I think financial difficulties can put pressure on a relationship and in turn can play a role in a break-up I am still a firm believe that true love conquers above all else.

I am exactly like you... Except there comes a time when you have to start thinking that maybe sometimes the financial strain may come from lack of drive, lack of trying, and straight up not caring enough to change it... That's what happened with my ex and I. You can only be in a financial bind so long before you have to start wondering if maybe you're just not trying enough or not being responsible with your money...

I am exactly like you... Except there comes a time when you have to start thinking that maybe sometimes the financial strain may come from lack of drive, lack of trying, and straight up not caring enough to change it... That's what happened with my ex and I. You can only be in a financial bind so long before you have to start wondering if maybe you're just not trying enough or not being responsible with your money...

I agree. I don't think it always comes down to one problem (ie financial). I think there must be underlying problems within a relationship that lets other problems weigh it down.

I did cross the line that you are mentioning. I took a big gamble and it didn't work and she likely resented that. I guess I have learned that there are rarely second chances when it comes to relationships. She said in an email that her feelings where overwhelming that I was her sole mate. I guess I caused my soulmate to leave and will always regret that.

Although I think financial difficulties can put pressure on a relationship and in turn can play a role in a break-up I am still a firm believe that true love conquers above all else.

i agree, i know the way i felt about my ex, i would gladly have given up every one of my possessions to be with her. nothing in this entire world is more important than the relationships between God, family, and loved ones, and i believe that conquers all

maybe im a romantic, but after my break up, things such as money and other things just seem unimportant and insignificant on a scale of my life.

i agree, i know the way i felt about my ex, i would gladly have given up every one of my possessions to be with her. nothing in this entire world is more important than the relationships between God, family, and loved ones, and i believe that conquers all

maybe im a romantic, but after my break up, things such as money and other things just seem unimportant and insignificant on a scale of my life.

I did think that perhaps I am just a romantic fool but to an extent I also agree with thejigsup. I dont think I could date a guy without any money. However it isn't actually about the money its more to do with the personality. I like men who have a passion and enthusiasm for life.

For example, my ex-husband is a Company Director of a very successful business. Prior to our split we had just moved into our dream home. However, work took over my ex-husband's life. He had little time for me and virtiually none for our 3 children ..... something was definitely missing from our lives. Fun was a foreign word to us. Our marriage broke down and 6 months later I was going out with a part-time PE teacher. His earnings were considerably less. In fact in two months my husband would earn more than my ex-boyfriend earnt in a year. However my ex-boyfriend's expertise came with working with children with behavioural problems. I loved his outlook and enthusiasm for life. I loved his passion for his job. Every day was like a new adventure to him. Life is for living and fun is for having. I miss him terribly. I guess I don't have to tell you who I would rather be with.

Although money sure does help it can't buy ultimate happiness. My ex-boyfriend taught me to appreciate the simple things in life again and for that I will always be grateful. Too much money is now a complete turn-off for me as much as someone having none!!

Archived