Need immediate advice-Email from girl at past job who hangs with girl that got me fired

Qut81

Long story short. I was an assistant to this girl who just really had it out for me. Im not just saying that. If I do something wrong I admit it. I had no probs before she started working there. Well she complained that I didnt enter something in the system, that day the power went out so i couldnt do it, and did it the next day. She wrote a 6 page review on how bad I was as an assistant listing every single thing I do wrong. Including taking extra breaks when I rarely ever took breaks. Not to mention, the environment was toxic. Ppl would make racist and extremely sexual jokes. I am no prude but it was very inappropriate for the workplace. Not to mention the HR rep told me I needed to "seek Jesus" for my attitude prob. If you ask any of my other jobs they will tell you I am pleasant and easy to get along with. I usually stay to myself. As a matter of fact, the mgr at my 2nd job told me the other day she couldnt even picture me upset or rude.

Anyway, the girl that wrote me the email didnt necessarily do anything to me but she is friends with the girl that got me fired. She wrote me an email saying how are you doing, hows the love life, etc. So I was thinking of writing this back:

Hey. Everything is going great. Sister is good. School is starting again soon. Boys...blah. I have a ft job in insurance and my pt job at B___. Im sure you knew that, couple of ppl from ____ came into the store. Love both my jobs.

I heard they finally got rid of Amy. She was so unethical and unprofessional. Im still disappointed in the way things went down and the false accusations. It was a very toxic environment for me.

Hows everything with you?

Anyway, thanks for the message. Hope all is well.

I just want to handle the sitation correctly. I wasnt going to respond but I decided I needed too. Also, I didnt want to be mean bc I dont want them to think they got the best of me. However, I do want to verbalize that what they did was wrong. How do I handle this?

I wouldn't say a thing about it. Just say you're doing great, hope she is too and leave it at that. The best revenge is a happy life and you're content with your jobs... sounds like getting fired was a GOOD thing to happen if those people were such idiots.

Show you've moved on and you're doing fine. If they're out to get you, that will piss them off worse than anything.

Ok. Thats what I figured but I didnt know if I should mention how disappointed I was bc I dont want them to be justified in their actions.

Its funny cause after I got fired I realized why the girl hated me. One day we all went out for drinks and her bf was there. We were takin pics and in the pic he was staring at me. She made a comment "Baby are you looking at A___?" However, I didnt have anything to do with that. I just talked to him breifly that night bc she was too busy eating cherries out of the others girls cleavage (shes trash).

I wouldn't say a thing about it. Just say you're doing great, hope she is too and leave it at that. The best revenge is a happy life and you're content with your jobs... sounds like getting fired was a GOOD thing to happen if those people were such idiots.

Show you've moved on and you're doing fine. If they're out to get you, that will piss them off worse than anything.

i couldn't agree more- short and simple- and then ask how are things with her.

the more upbeat the better!!

Ok, I sent it. I just took the part about the HR rep out.

I know this sounds silly but having so many bad experiences with ppl makes me wonder when things like this happen. I wonder if she has a motive or something. Its odd that 10 mos goes by and now shes asking how Im doing. My mom thinks they want to offer me my job back. Bc I think they know she was full of it. Before I left she started talking bad about the new girl and complaining on her. lol

maybe she just saw something that you did while you were working there and figured she wanted to say hi-

don't expect a negative motive- until you have a reason.

why be paranoid for no reason?

My old mgr came into my part time job to shop a couple of weeks ago. Im assuming she mentioned she saw me and thats what made her think of me. I def gave my old mgr the cold shoulder. Not sure if it was the right thing to do but I really disliked her.

That was the worst place Ive ever worked.

Your right. I shouldnt be paranoid. Its just so many ppl are no good. Especially where I live.

My old mgr came into my part time job to shop a couple of weeks ago. Im assuming she mentioned she saw me and thats what made her think of me. I def gave my old mgr the cold shoulder. Not sure if it was the right thing to do but I really disliked her.

That was the worst place Ive ever worked.

Your right. I shouldnt be paranoid. Its just so many ppl are no good. Especially where I live.

Aren't you glad it's over in some ways? Even though you got screwed over major time, if she hadn't gotten you fired you would still be hearing racist jokes and dealing with creeps!

Yea I know. I wouldve never known what a "dirty sanchez" was if I didnt work there. LOL!

Actually, everything works out in the end. If I didnt get fired I would still be miserable there. Towards the end, I cried everyday leaving that place. It was so horrible. Im happy now and Im back on track. It was the first time Ive ever gotten fired so it stung. But something good came out of something bad.

Hey - i wouldn't give one single person the time of day at my old job- if i saw them dying on the side of the road- the most i would do is move them so i could get through.

did you like this girl that emailed you?

She was actually pretty cool. Before all the drama she even invited me to her fam's house for Xmas even tho I didnt go (I spend Xmas alone most of the time). However, when I was friends with a very open lesbian girl. Everytime she walked into the office to talked to me (5 of us shared a small office) the girl that got my fired and another girl I hated, went into her office and I think they were talking baout me.I know bc a cpl of my friends told me there was a rumor me and the girl were an item. I dont actually know if she took part in this tho.

I would not respond. The time-old cliche routine of acting upbeat and ignoring the elephant in the room doesn't really look like maturity, IMHO. Just ignore it all and move forward with your life. The elephant doesn't matter if you're moving away from it at 60mph, heading down the highway to your next great destination.

SIGNS OF A TOXIC BOSS | THERAPIST R...
SIGNS OF A TOXIC BOSS | THERAPIST REACTS TO RAISSA KENGNE

Archived