guys with a lot of female friends

yumicecream

For some reason most of the men I've dated have had a lot of female friends.

What is your take on the type of guy with a lot of female friends? What does it say about him?

I've done the same thing. In my experience with the two people I've dated it means that they are very attached to their mothers. Sometimes thats fine, and other times not so much.

Hope that helped.

The only guys I've ever dated who had a lot of female friends turned out to be absolute scumbags--cheaters, flirtatious to a ridiculous extent (which says a lot because I'm flirtatious, just not terrible about it), less likely to be serious about me.

Not to say that's how they all are, I just know I'm personally comfortable dating a guy who doesn't have a HUGE collection of female friends. I do know a few men who have lots of female friends and are extremely dedicated and faithful to their girlfriends--I've just never dated one of them.

After I broke up with one of my ex, during the next year or so, he got like hundreds of new female friends His social network went upto 600 people, most of them "girlfriends". I saw that as his need to "validate" himself. Perhaps I'm wrong, but seemed so desperate..

Point being, don't like guys who need this kind of validation.

Yeah thats what I was thinking...but some people say that guys are allowed to have their friends...and for some reason, I mean, all those girls don'thave a problem being in his friend harem if you know what I mean?? So I don't know myself...

I have a lot of female friends. I'm also engaged, and extremely loyal. So what does that say about me? It says that I (generally) prefer the company, opinions, and friendship of women over men. I'm a highly communicative, empathetic guy; generally speaking, women are a better match for me when it comes to friendship. The guy friends that I do have tend to be more like myself; intellectual, sensitive, and friendly.

I have a lot of female friends. I'm also engaged, and extremely loyal. So what does that say about me? It says that I (generally) prefer the company, opinions, and friendship of women over men. I'm a highly communicative, empathetic guy; generally speaking, women are a better match for me when it comes to friendship. The guy friends that I do have tend to be more like myself; intellectual, sensitive, and friendly.

What if one of them hit on you? Do you flirt back? Would you ever cheat?

What if one of them hit on you? Do you flirt back? Would you ever cheat?

Some of them have hit on me before. I'm flesh and blood, but I'm also extremely committed and honest. I told them it wasn't appropriate to be too flirty, because I love my partner and I would never do anything to hurt her. Almost every time that has been enough to put a stop to it - indeed, they actually had a lot of respect for me. There was only one time it wasn't enough, and she's no longer a friend of mine.

No, I have never, and would never, cheat on my partner. I'm all too aware of the responsibility I have to protect her trust and her heart.

This is one of my biggest turn-offs. Most of the guys I know with lots of female friends (or close female friends) tend to be of the scummy cheating variety. It may not be the case for all of them, but it's certainly something I avoid due to past experiences with a large number of them.

My boyfriend has a lot of female friends. I have a lot of male friends.

We've talked about it and have come to the conclusion that it is because we are more forgiving of the opposite sex. When someone of the opposite sex does something immature or mean, we are more likely to say "oh, they're just insecure" and continue to be their friend.

Archived