what's for breakfast?

It used to be absolutely nothing, but in the last 3 months or so I've been having a banana and /or a green apple, before hitting the gym. Sometimes it's peanut butter on wholemeal bread. I'm not a big fan of cereal and I don't really like milk. But I have been known to eat muesli from time to time, though there are some varieties that are a bit too sweet (and they put a LOT of sugar in some of these muesli mixes!)

You have to get used to eating in the morning, once you start it, you will feel hungry waking up. A lot of people who don't eat a proper breakfast will snack in the morning, afternoon and night. In addition, it gives you energy that you NEED to start the day!

My breakfast:

soy-yoghurt with fresh grapes and peaches and some muesli (not the kind of sweetened crunchy, but actual seeds, nuts and raisins).

a cup of herbal (rooibos) tea

sometimes with fresh juice. I'm a fruit addict.

Yogurt parfait - granola or cereals, yogurt and fruit =) That's weektime as it's something I don't require milk or cooking.

During the weekend it can be pancakes, french toast, omelet - usually something involving cooking.

cereal (hot in winter, cold in summer), fruit (usually 2 items - a banana & some strawberries or some melon and some blueberries), tea (hot in winter, iced in summer), sometimes toast, sometimes a piece of cheese.

On weekends/days off it can be a little more elaborate - eggs or pancakes or french toast or an omlette with sausage or bacon....but the cereal/fruit/tea meal is the basic everyday breakfast.

Coffee.

Oatmeal with frozen blueberries.

Oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter and a chopped up banana.

Granola with yogurt and fresh fruit.

Toast, english muffin, bagel.

Breakfast burritos [ham, scrambled eggs, veggies, cheese, salsa]

And my latest obsession, rolling up a banana in a whole wheat pita thats covered with peanut butter and honey.

Those are my typical breafkasts.

It varies a lot.

Red River hot cereal with a glass of milk and some fruit.

Yogurt and fruit when I'm not very hungry.

Pork chop or a little steak, and potatos, with juice. Sometimes leftover from the night before 'big meal'.

Toast and eggs of some sort. Usually with some fruit or juice.

Always coffee. And I haven't touched cold cereal since I was a kid. Memories of all that granola and puffed wheat we used to eat. Bleh.

A good breakfast site: link removed

greek or light yogurt with ground flaxseed, toast with natural peanut butter or light jelly, high fiber/natural instant oatmeal, fiber one bar/granola bar, scrambled egg whites, light english muffin with peanut butter..or if i'm in a rush..just a cup of skim milk.

one of the above during the weekdays..sleep past breakfast on weekends.

I make Irish steel cut oatmeal with a touch of organic maple syrup, raw almonds, raisins, and blueberries. I will soon be adding ground flax to that mix...it's mmm mmm good! I used to not eat breakfast at all, but i find the more complex carbs i add to breakfast and lunch the less likely i am to get a sweet tooth and the easier it is to stay away from carbs at night

Very nice linseed bread with peanut butter, a glass of innocent smoothie, my vitamins and a coffee

I find that the toast and peanut butter gives me the best energy (well, porridge does, but I can't be bothered with that every morning!), the smoothie is pure fruit and is worth two helpings, vitamins are to give me a multi-vitamin, cod liver oil, glucosamine for joints, evening primrose oil and garlic, and coffee - well, I need ma coffee!

Archived