Stretch Marks. Fade Remedies?

I hate them. Well, not if other people have them, but for me personally. I'm not over weight by an stretch. I probably have 1 or 3 pounds more than I should, but that's it. My body gets these stretch marks like crazy down the outside of my thighs. Then there are the occasional few behind my calves. I don't eat lots of fatty foods, but when I do, my body just can't handle it!

Are there any remedies that help fade stretch marks? And no responses like "exercise more" because I know already!

Exercicing won't do anything for stretch marks.

Are you in your teen years?

The stretch marks don't have much to do with eating fatty foods but if you don't have an adequate nutrition ex: eat enough vitamins through foods and drink enough water then it won't help.

Most of it is genetics.

You can buy cocoa butter (get the one with the pregnant lady on it) to help them fade away but it won't prevent more from coming.

getting a tan hides them really well.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can really do about them unless you try laser therapy which is really expensive.

There's all kinds of creams, gels, supplements..they work for some..but not the majority of people.

Are yours red [new] or white [older]..the older they get the more they will fade..

I've tried so many things. It's sick really. lol. I have bottles and bottles of moisturizers and lotions, it became my "shoes".

I honestly think after all this that the key is simply to keep your skin well moisturized. Moisturize the area every day, several times a day. It makes a difference. Well, it's good to do that for your body anyways.

I've tried: Vitamin E oil, Bio oil, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Jojoba oil, Q 10 blends for the body, Retinol A blends for the body, cheap and expensive creams.

Do you have fair skin? Are you still growing? It could be that your thighs is your body's favorite place to store up it's extra cals.

Mine are old from fast growth long ago. Like I've said, I've tried so many creams and such, and it will help but it's rarely a magic cure.

Exercicing won't do anything for stretch marks.

Are you in your teen years?

The stretch marks don't have much to do with eating fatty foods but if you don't have an adequate nutrition ex: eat enough vitamins through foods and drink enough water then it won't help.

Most of it is genetics.

You can buy cocoa butter (get the one with the pregnant lady on it) to help them fade away but it won't prevent more from coming.

it will make them less noticeable getting toned and slimming down a bit, but they will not go away.

some will say they're impossible to get rid of, but in my experience, they aren't. it is probably partly genetics, but i religiously use cocoa butter, bio oil and vitamin e. they worked for me, over a period of roughly 2 years. and no, they wouldn't have gone away by themselves because i did leave them to nature, but did not see any improvement until i put on lots of vit e, bio oil and cocoa butter.

it will make them less noticeable getting toned and slimming down a bit, but they will not go away.

Exactly, it doesn't do anything for them =P Kind of like botox and wrinkles.

As soon as you stop exercicing and gain weight they will be "as noticeable".

The only real way to get rid of them is laser sadly enough =( And even then, any deep grooves resulting from seperation of collagen can't be restored even with laser I think.

I have a few of them by my bellybutton, from having two children. I heard about a lotion called Celtrixa and decided to try it. I have been using it for about 2 months and I have to say I am starting to notice a bit of a difference! I use it religiously twice a day, as recommended. Mine weren't huge or red, but they always bothered me. Anyway, just my two cents worth. Oh and they have a 30 day trial period as well.

I got 2 on my ass and 2 on my breasts as well. Nothing major.

I got some on my hips and inner tights from puberty (growth) though. I don't recall them ever being red sadly enough - I was less self-conscious back then I think....???

Bio-oil is supposed to help, but I havent really been using it religiously since my stretch marks are not very noticeable.

My sister put on a ton of weight and got purple stretch marks on the inside of her thighs, and she started putting lots and lots of Q10 lotion and after a month, they weren't purple anymore. It really worked. I think it's the massaging/rubbing it combined with moisturiser that helped.

I have lots of them due to my constantly fluctuating weight and they are beginning to fade now I'm steadily losing weight as opposed to shooting up and down in weight as I've been in the past two years.

Drinking water also helps - too much caffeine and soft drinks can dehydrate your skin leaving you more prone to stretch marks and making the ones you already have worse.

Archived