This guy has the wrong idea part 2

dd

This guy has the wrong idea.....give up ( 1 2)

Date last night....Movies

Need help in either responding or not responding ( 1 2 3 )

Please read above if you don't know my history with this guy.

Most of you have been very helpful.

It is over, in the sense that he wants me to chase him, call him, hoping he would ask me out.

I texted him back and said Are you going to the Happy Hour Friday, perhaps we can catch up.

He responded and said he had other plans to go to a party. (Strike 1)

Then he texted me saturday nite, I didn't respond.

Then Sunday he texted me again and asked what was I doing

He invited me to see a movie at his house. I told him I don't feel comfortable going to his house when I don't know him.

He said well that is the point in coming over so we can get to know him and to call him.

I told him, I would rather have him buy me a cup of coffee.

He began to complain that if maybe I called him he would maybe ask me out. I told him wow I didn't realize it.

The bottom line is he wants me to chase him in hopes that he will ask me for a date.

Nothing is going to happen. I am not chasing this guy.

He didn't put enough effort in dating me.

I don't think I will hear from him again unless I see him at a happy hour.

You seem to have the idea that dating is all about 'work' or 'effort' or 'chasing' - providing it is the man who is doing it.

It wasn't his fault he already had plans when you suggested 'catching up at the Happy Hour' - why should that be 'strike one'?

Fair enough not wanting to meet at his house but telling him he should 'buy' you a cup of coffee isn't cool. You could have said 'meet for coffee' or even 'I'll buy you a coffee'.

I think you have to stop looking at what he could have done differently and start looking at what YOU could have done differently and take it with you so you don't make the same mistakes with the next guy. That's what the rest of us do anyhow.

DN: The strike 1 I meant it when he texted me saturday at 11:00.

I don't think I did anything wrong. I was very receptive towards him.

All he wants is a one night stand in my opinion.

That's all thanks. I will learn for next time.

DN: The strike 1 I meant it when he texted me saturday at 11:00.

I don't think I did anything wrong. I was very receptive towards him.

All he wants is a one night stand in my opinion.

That's all thanks. I will learn for next time.

I suppose I could pick over the first post and say you did lots of things wrong... You declined his offer and didnt suggest an alternative. You didnt text him over the weekend and when he text your twice you didn't reply until hours later and then declined his offer to watch a movie(which I understand) but you didn't suggest an alternative. I've had quite a few guys who want a one-night stand and I have to say he didnt seem like that but who knows? we can't read his mind. And never ask a man to buy you anything not even a coffee, it comes accross like a 'princess.'

I haven't read the rest but if they go anything like that I think you did make mistakes. God knows I have made much worse mistakes than that and I'm not judging you , *** happens and I understand that also. But no matter, whats done is done and like I said, you take what you learn and use it next time around.

Archived