Poll: When someone says they have been dating for 2 months, how many dates does this mean?

shyguy83

Dating for two months = how many dates?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Dating for two months = how many dates?

• 1 per month (1-2 total)
    • 1 every few weeks (2-4 total)
    • 1 per week (8 total)
    • More than 1 per week
    • What is dating?
    • other

Not sure if there is a real way to insert a poll, so I'll just list a few options for you...

a) 1 per month (1-2 total)

b) 1 every few weeks (2-4 total)

c) 1 per week (8 total)

d) More than 1 per week

e) what is dating?

f) other

If it's been two months than usually about 10 dates or so because towards the end of the two months I was usually seeing the person more than once a week. If "dating" means "exclusivity" then probably more often even at the very beginning.

This is a great question. on a side note (but related to the poll thread!!!), I know once a week used to be the norm for dating someone if you were interested, but nowadays for older working folks, is that really an expectation? I think personally I'd be thrilled to see a guy every two to three weeks initially as long as he maintained signs of interest in between (call, email periodically). By the 6 month mark, I'd be expecting to see him weekly or maybe more often for a lunch or something.

The reason I asked is because I have no idea if I am doing it right. Having only gone on a handful of dates EVER, I don't know if I need to up the frequency to have it really count as dating someone.

I started talking to a girl online about 4 months ago, and we never were really able to get a mutually free weekend to finally meet until 3 weeks ago. Then we went out again last night. So...I don't know if that really counts as "I've been dating her for 3 weeks" or not.

I started talking to a girl online about 4 months ago, and we never were really able to get a mutually free weekend to finally meet until 3 weeks ago. Then we went out again last night. So...I don't know if that really counts as "I've been dating her for 3 weeks" or not.

I guess I still don't understand the question. Are you trying to figure out the proper label?

If so, then yes. If you had your first date three weeks ago, and have dated her since, then you can say you started dating her three weeks ago. Albeit casually.

Still, the frequency and terms aren't really important, in light of the dynamic and emotions involved. That's really the meat of it all.

this thread is interesting. it's surprising because if i start dating someone i really like, with the exception of my last bf because he lived 2 hours away, we'd see each other at least twice a week. most of my friends are the same way.

my mom is having a weird situation with this guy, who only calls and asks her out once a week. she's getting annoyed at his lack of attentiveness and thinks he's not interested.

I think at the point that people are dating two months it's not really measured by dates anymore. Once you've gotten past date number 4 or 5 you get to a place where you start hanging out, and every once in a while "go out."

some people go on one date a month.

also, some people that said they have been dating for two months could mean they just started dating again and they meet multiple people and are attempting at meeting someone for long term.

Archived