Where is your Loyalty?????

NatNat

I am very angry right now. I have a younger sister that is 15months younger than me and I posted up a Facebook Status that could possibly offend people but also was proving a good point and there was several people agreeing with me...but anyways my sister decides to write me a private message about it and says that I shouldn't have that on my facebook...well a few days later I get a email from my dad about it and I'm just annoyed because my sister had to of showed them it because my parents don't have facebook. So its like damn sis where is your loyalty?? I move away from home about 3 months ago I'm not a little girl anymore I don't need my parents telling me what they think of my facebook status..I just think its quit ridiculous...I moved away because I didnt wanna hear them give me a hard time anymore....I sent my sister a text asking her where her loyalty was and she never text back......sorry had to vent!

Remember that what you have on Facebook is public...people can read it..if you say things that are inflammatory or that can offend people then who knows who will read it and tell your parents. Remember that what one member of a family does can reflect positively or negatively on the rest of the family. One family member's public negative actions can end up embarrassing the rest of the family. For example, politicians who get caught having affairs are not the only people humiliated...the wife, the children, the siblings, the parents...they are all humiliated because people talk. If what you posted was that inflammatory then I don't blame your sister for giving your parents the heads up because it could end up embarrassing them. Loyalty doesn't mean selling your soul to the devil so to speak. You can be loyal to someone but if you feel they are doing something very wrong then you have to go according to your conscience and own sense of right and wrong..that is what your sister did....she may be loyal to you in other respects but in this instance she felt strongly that what you did was wrong so she mentioned it to your parents.

without knowing what your facebook status said, i agree with CAD. i don't know what it is you wrote, but if it's something that can affect your career, is racist, etc... i can see why she told you to take it down. and why she might have told your dad about it. i don't know what it was you said, but i think she might have been concerned.

it was not even that serious...all I said was who cares about michael Jackson he was a child molestor. Alot of people agreed with me and said people are making a big deal about hid death. It's not about covering my backside at all it's just useless to even go on facebook to show our parents.

If you knew whatever you were posting could offend many people, then that already was poor judgment on your part for posting it in the first place, where you knew many people would read it. I mean, why post offensive stuff *knowingly*?? Not a good move (imo).

it was not even that serious...all I said was who cares about michael Jackson he was a child molestor. Alot of people agreed with me and said people are making a big deal about hid death. It's not about covering my backside at all it's just useless to even go on facebook to show our parents.

That's why I never give my real name, names of where we work, photos, nothing that could indentify. That way I can have a place to vent anything I want without worrying about it rubbing off on my family.

I said who give a F*** about Michael Jackson...

This was the exact email from my Dad that he sent me.. It sounds like he is more upset about me using the 4 letter word.

I checked your facebook. Im disappointed in you using the four letter word. You have more class then that. You are sooooo beautiful and the four letter word does not match your beauty. Your better then that. Use that word in private, between you and Nick. (My Fiencee) Im trying my best to stay out of your business. You are on your own now, and I want the best for you.

I love you,

Dad

I said who give a F*** about Michael Jackson...

This was the exact email from my Dad that he sent me.. It sounds like he is more upset about me using the 4 letter word.

I checked your facebook. Im disappointed in you using the four letter word. You have more class then that. You are sooooo beautiful and the four letter word does not match your beauty. Your better then that. Use that word in private, between you and Nick. (My Fiencee) Im trying my best to stay out of your business. You are on your own now, and I want the best for you.

I love you,

Dad

That was pretty mild. He is just doing his job.

I was mad. I called my dad and told him to mind his own damn business. He ended up hanging up on me and then thats when I sent the text to my sister...she decided to text 2 hours later and says she was not thinking and it wont happened again...pshhhh whatever!

The more this thread goes on, the more I think it's less of a problem of your sister and more of a problem of your maturity. You immediately feel like you're being attacked, you seem to think people wronged you instead of looking at the situation from the other side or that you used Facebook to stir up drama, which is a pretty immature move. I think your dad and sister are handling it quite well, actually. Better than you seem to be. Just a thought.

The more this thread goes on, the more I think it's less of a problem of your sister and more of a problem of your maturity. You immediately feel like you're being attacked, you seem to think people wronged you instead of looking at the situation from the other side or that you used Facebook to stir up drama, which is a pretty immature move. I think your dad and sister are handling it quite well, actually. Better than you seem to be. Just a thought.

Ditto. There seems to be going on here than originally posted. You posted something in poor taste and don't seem to want to take responsibility for it, so it's better to be angry at your sister and your dad. At least, that's how it's coming accross.

Maybe your right...but maybe your wrong as well. You dont know about past stories with my sister. She called the cops on my and got me handcuffed for the first time in my life.....so she has screwd me and It took me a long time to forgive her and when I see no loyalty from her it just eat at me and its just a bad subject....I dono...Thats a whole nother story I not even going to get into.

Maybe your right...but maybe your wrong as well. You dont know about past stories with my sister. She called the cops on my and got me handcuffed for the first time in my life.....so she has screwd me and It took me a long time to forgive her and when I see no loyalty from her it just eat at me and its just a bad subject....I dono...Thats a whole nother story I not even going to get into.

well ok that's understandable taht you'd get angry with her then, but this? mountain out of a molehill if you ask me. try to be more mature about this all.

Delete her from your facebook. Remove her from your life.

oh wow! If she was just a friend causing all those problems I would. But she is family...so of course I try to work through it before going to that extream.

Cops don't show up and handcuff someone for no good reason. I think there is much more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps you might want to take some time to think about your role in all of this because I think this goes beyond the Facebook thing. It sounds like there have been a lot of problems in the family and it sounds like you might be a bit rebellious and maybe prone to acting out, perhaps inappropriately which is why your sister and your father have spoken out. This is not only about moving out and doing what you want but also about being respectful of others and of yourself. Posting 4 letter words on Facebook is not the wisest thing...it doesn't show someone's best angle and it is so public. A lot of people don't realize that what goes on the internet can even be read by potential employers and they might not be too impressed with someone who writes in a trashy way using four letter words. I think your father is just trying to help you be the best you can be.

Archived