chronic meds

cypha77
What To Do If They Cheat - Do this ...
What To Do If They Cheat - Do this First

hey guys

just wanted to ask a quick question about chornic meds. im not into teh whole medication thing so i just found out medication like this, yougotta take for the rest of your live.

a quesiton about them though, i know someone who stopped taking her meds for like two months now, but she still seems fine. says shes trying to lose weight and taking meds only makes her hungry so she stopped. is this really dangerous? (prolly a stupid question...) but i wanna know like how bad it gets. her problems arnt like physiological, just psycological but she seems so normal its kinda hard to see any bad effects of not taking em at the moment

any advice, thanks

thing is im not sure what it is, but i think she was given after coming out of rehab because he had somrthing called body dismorphic disorder? something about nt being happy wiff yourself, appearance etc.

@ suzy - nah the doctors didnt because when she told me she was off em she said her parents would kill her if they found out

Basically she sees something different standing in front of her than what everybody else sees. I can understand that. It shouldn't be too serious if she isn't on medications then. If it was something like schizophrenia or Bipolar I would be worried.

Not everybody needs to take medications there whole lives but she should work with the doctors on this.

well, i think she needs to speak to her doctor before going off of those kinds of meds. often times, people with mental/mood disorders will go off meds because they say they feel fine. well, they may feel fine because they are on the meds!!! i think that it's a decision that needs to be made with the doctor.

She was schizofrenic at one stage...been in icu twice....think she tried cutting herself to(saw the marks on her wrists...) not sure about now though.seems normal (probably because of the meds). I am worried.i mean someone sacrificing their mental health for her physical image isnt a good sign.

i think she definitely needs to consult with a professional.

they may say that it's fine for her to stop taking the meds, but the professional who put her on those meds did so for a reason. if she was qualified to make those decisions, she probably wouldn't have had to go in the first place.

She was schizofrenic at one stage...been in icu twice....think she tried cutting herself to(saw the marks on her wrists...) not sure about now though.seems normal (probably because of the meds). I am worried.i mean someone sacrificing their mental health for her physical image isnt a good sign.

If she was schizophrenic at any stage she will need medication I'm afraid. There may be times she doesn't show obvious symptoms, but it always recurs if it is, in fact, schizophrenia.

ah ok, thanks,, well i dont know what to do about it all, we stopped talking, but she did tell me she stopped her meds before she stopped talking to me, but just wanted some answers because i was worried and didnt wanna push her over teh edge about it,,,,,. thanks alot though. i appreciate it

If you are in the position to do so at all, I would tell her you are concerned and afraid of seeing her progress slip backwards. Don't say she needs to be on medications but that you hope she talks to her doctors about it just to be safe. Suddenly going off meds can push you into a severe place..

I would consider talking to your parents, or even her parents - particularly if you become concerned about her mood or behavior. She's made a dangerous move and I can understand that you are concerned. I know that sometimes it seems so terrible to get an adult involved, but it may be what you need to do. Is there someone you can talk to?

i haven't really met anyone from her side yet.....i only met her sister once and i'm not sure how i can actually contacting her without getting through my friend......so i dont really have an "adult" to speak to about it and how to get her to see a doctor...

wow ok she was really jittery. i tried speaking to her and she was shaking all over waiting for an exam to start. i have seen exam stress and wow i can say that definatly wasnt exam stress alone. weird thing is she was all calm before i actually came up to her. but when i spoke boy did she shake and shiver. looked as if she was going to jump out her skin. duno what caused it. didnt get a chance to talk to her about anything because she bolted right after her exam. i sent her a text message asking what was wrong but no response for a couple of days now

Archived