Sometimes I have a bit of a wistful feeling about my old crushes from 10 or more years ago. I'm a happily married woman, I wouldn't wish to speak to any of these guys again, but I have too much idle time on my hands sometimes while at work and occasionally find myself thinking about the old times and wishing I could know what might have been in these guys' minds at the time...

I guess it's because I never formed a relationship in a "normal" or "natural" way with anyone. I have only ever met people through internet dating sites. So I don't really know how most people go about forming relationships with people they actually know in person. So I wonder if I would have ever had a shot at experiencing that, if I wasn't so shy, if I knew how to return flirting without the aid of e-mail. I wonder if any of these guys ever liked me in return.

Can anyone relate? Does anyone have any old crush stories they would like to share? One of my old crush stories in particular is practically mythical in my own mind but I doubt anyone would care to read. I guess I have shared it too many times already with people I've actually met. So I'd like to read some of yours.

sounds to me like you never had a 'party' stage in your life and didn't get to experience enough solo as you would have liked to.

I don't know if that's it really... We got together at 27, so not unnaturally young. I'm 32 now. I had a number of failed relationships, didn't feel the need for any *more*, and I'm probably incapable of having a casual fling. I just wish I could know the other side of the story in some cases, though it's obviously impossible.

i'm not saying going out casually and doing guys and all that. but maybe you feel you missed out on a lot of experience. just being single for a while. i dunno. i see it a lot though. some of my friends were pretty sheltered. they hung out with me and found themselves more. not saying you don't know who you are.

I think that a lot of times when we miss our old crushes, we really just miss being young. We associate those old crushes with a time when we had fewer responsibilities.

i usually just miss the good times, not really them per se. but i guess i can say i miss their personality sometimes, because everyone is different. not enough to date again though.

I think we all have certain people that we look back on and wonder “what if…” about. What if I had said something? What if I had done something? Sometimes we feel like the opportunity was presented, and we failed to take advantage it. Other times we’re not sure if the opportunity was ever really there. Sometimes it would just be nice to know. I think that’s pretty normal for most of us.

I think we all have certain people that we look back on and wonder “what if…” about. What if I had said something? What if I had done something? Sometimes we feel like the opportunity was presented, and we failed to take advantage it. Other times we’re not sure if the opportunity was ever really there. Sometimes it would just be nice to know. I think that’s pretty normal for most of us.

i wonder that too. but crushes where when i was much much younger. now, i go for it so there is no 'crush' to be had.

Archived