Well again another new thread about my i guess you would call my estranged, strange? boyfriend,, ex boy friend whatever he is. he broke up with me last year saying he loved me but is not in love with me, that he loves me like a brother. We still live together and have through this whole ordeal. I still love him very much and want to get back together. We have never fought and both have been so good to each other. He did a rebound for about 6 months and it fell apart. go figure. Love Kharma. Our lease is up the end of June,, yikes, next week and he is staying until the end of july and he wants to move out and be on his own. He said he doesnt want to date any one and he wants to be alone,, He loves me like a brother and tells me that i can do so much better than him. to find someone that will appreciate me for who i am. I want to give him all the space he wants hoping that when he moves he will realize there was nothing wrong with our relationship and that the new butterfly feelings fade after time. We were together for 3.5 years. His family adores me and they are the only family i have. I truly feel in my heart that when he gets on his own and we go our separate ways and have no contact , we will get back together. He said he wants to stay friends and i said no way.You know what i want and i didnt start this whole i love you but im not in love with you mess. I told him i forgive him and he apologises for hurting me and handling the situation the way he did. I told him i want to start over and he said he cant give me what i want . That he needs to be alone for now and he understands that if i dont want to be friends. That if i have to walk out of his life then he will accept that, but he wishes i wouldnt. I cant stand to be around him without holding him . I truly do love him and i know deep down he does too. He buys me birthday presents and still does little things for me. What do you think our chances of getting back together are if i go NC when he moves out. I feel once he has time to reflect what he did and lost that he will crawl back into my life.

I don't think you have given yourself the chance to actually deal with the break-up and look at the situation from a more realistic point of view, basically he has been around doing and saying things that give you hope, even if that wasn't his intention and even if he's trying to be nice the result is that things can end up being specially hard for both.

After he moves out the two of you are finally going to face some facts, I don't know if he's going to have second thoughts but I'm glad you won't allow him to get away with being your friend if that's not what you really want.

If he offers to go back together then great but if he doesn't you must go on with your life because even if it hurts you can't live in the past.

You will be okay without him, you can get close to other people and even if it takes time I'm sure you will find many others who will want to be with you and care for you the same way your ex's family does.

thanks, i know i will be ok without out him,, i just find it hard for someone to sweep under the rug what we had because the butterfly feelings wore off, I guess he will have to learn to live his life without me, and if he comes back great, i feel in my heart he will grow up a bit and come back in time. thanks for your kind words and advice.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived