worked 3 years...nothing to show for it

tspo28

i'm almost on my 3rd year at my job. i've been working diligently to pay off medical debt and finally got the 20K down to 5K....i work so hard and have nothing to show for it...except lessening my medical debt to 5K.

i feel ashamed...

should i be?

i'm almost on my 3rd year at my job. i've been working diligently to pay off medical debt and finally got the 20K down to 5K....i work so hard and have nothing to show for it...except lessening my medical debt to 5K.

i feel ashamed...

should i be?

Keep pushing, 15k in 3 years is great... don't feel ashamed, some people are paying back their school loans for 15+ years.

Don't lose that drive, soon you'll have plenty of money to put wherever you want to save and build to buy what you want. It'll feel a lot better when every dollar you bring in doesn't already have someone elses name on it going back out right away. I promise, staying out of debt was one of the smartest things I've done with my life so far I'm proud, you will be soon too!

not only do I think you have something to show for it.. I'm going to give you a big "Woo hoo!! for getting rid of that much debt in such a short period of time.

you have shown a lot more than most people.. most people cannot get rid of their debt that quickly.

Congrats to you!

Dude, absolutely! Do you know how many people that you see and think "wow, they've got it made!" are just swimming in debt? Seriously, you may be working hard right now but being debt-free is going to open up such a freedom to you. You actually can be making much less than someone else and living BETTER because all that money is yours, not due to someone else.

My g/f and I are working at unloading our debt, too. It's difficult but we've come a long way and plan on getting rid of all of it (except our mortgage). After that, pay for everything with cash... if you don't have the cash then you don't need it.

Archived